web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a contel executone telephone system ( model 3672 ) installed in my home ( came with purchase of house) , with over 20, 33 button phones with and without displays. I am getting some kind of error code "...V1.3. ) rendering my whole system unusable. I want to sell of this whole system but I can not find the price for the box in the basement ( model 3672 ) I have a price for the phones. Please help!!! Is this an easy repair or should I sell the whole system!!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I do not know what the error code might indicate. I am certain that one of the Installation/Programming pros will step in to try to answer that question.
As a seller and repairer of those telephones, I can tell you that the system is very old and out-of-date.
It is analog, not digital, and is not capable of handling any type of advanced features like caller ID or voice mail.
The cabinet itself is vitually worthless, especially if it is not functioning properly. The telephones have some small value. We purchase many of those telephones for abut $5-$10 each, depending on the condition of the telephone. It is possible that you might get more for them if you sold them yourself on E-Bay.
If the trouble that you are having is with the central unit, I would recommend throwing it away and replacing the entire system.

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited June 21, 2004).]

That message usually is associated with a failure of the CPU. Someone wiser than I may know something you can do but we always had to replace the CPU. As Paul has told you there is not a lot of value left in that switch.

Kerry

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Does it seem to be a power problem?
It's most likly the DC to DC converter. That's the same part that seems to fail in that system most all the time.
Sundance has one $ 195.00

JJ Offline
It is telling you there is a DATA error in the system.
You can put VoiceMail on system, but need Analog ports and power supply.

IT IS USUALLY THE DC/DC CONVERTER.
The DC/DC converter is the first card on the left. Next to the power supply for the System. It is about 2 inches wide. It should have some lights lite on it.

Good Luck!!

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited June 21, 2004).]

If all else fails, use a BFH.
We are also limping along with an Encore ECX-3672, to which I would like to add some Polycom Soundstations.

Paul144 says the system is analog, but JJ mentioned needing analog ports to add VM to this system.

So... should I get a digital-to-analog converter for each analog conference-phone?
If it IS digital, does the fact that we have an InfoStar AVX voicemail system mean we have analog ports already?

Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks.

[This message has been edited by toddvb (edited February 09, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by toddvb (edited February 09, 2005).]

JJ Offline
If Executone phones they are analogue technology, but are on electronic station ports (part# 2993702, or 2993703).

There is a analouge station card that will allow you to use any single line device on system (part# 2993704). You also need Single line ring generator (RGU), (part# 2993607).

Good Luck!!

This just my best guess; having had lots of experience with mis-wired, abused and lightning damaged systems, this error in the display indicates that the phone is powered and talking to the CPU but receives no instructions. This is usually an indication that some small component or trace on the main board has failed. My advice is to clean it with alcohol and a soft brush then use a compressor to blow all the built up contamination out.

JJ Offline
It is the DC/DC converter.

I just hd a customer last week with same error, replaced DC/DC converter, and ll is well.

Good Luck!!

I have parts for this system including SLI cards, I also purchase used systems for parts.

Joshua R. Flores
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 114 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024