web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I am a Norvergence orphan. We would like to access our system to change some basic functions such as day/night times and number of rings before auto-attendant picks up. The default installer password of 789 was changed. Any ideas how to reset the password or any other advice? Thank you!

------------------

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
The password can be reset by ESI dialing into the system. Usually you need a dealer to call them for you. If the system is not registered as being installed by that particular dealer, they will probably need to get some official authorization from your company, such as a request on company letterhead. I'm sure ESI could help you with this if you call or email them. They might just point you in the direction of a dealer, but they would be a good place to start anyway.

I guess I hadn't paid much attention to what was going on with Norvergence. I just did a search on the internet. Looks like a lot of people got messed up by them.

[This message has been edited by 5years&counting (edited March 11, 2005).]

OP Offline
Thanks. What a mess. The dealer that installed it isn't in business any more. Is there a way to get the installer manual in pdf form?

Usually only through a dealer. However, even with our own customers, I don't give out that manual. There's a reason why it's restricted to dealers and technicians. Most of the time the reasoning behind that is because there is quite a bit that someone who's inexperienced could mess up, which would end up costing them more time and money in the long run.

We're in California, but not in your local area. Like I said before, I'm sure ESI would be happy to point you toward another dealer who services your area. Develop a working/business relationship with them, then they might be able to give you proper training on self-administration if they deem it appropriate.

OP Offline
Super. Thank you!

Also remember, despite the inconvenience of the password change, it was in your best interest. There ARE people out there with way too much time on their hands that love to hack into systems (especially voicemails).

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
OP Offline
I agree. However, it is TOO secure when that password is not known by the company that owns it. And actually, from our perspective, it is less secure that the installer has knowledge of this password instead of us.

In any case... how can we reset it??!!??!!

Websonic,

I'm not sure if you understand that neither the end user or an installer get the "back door" password.

You are going to have to contact ESI and they will more than likely refer you to a dealer who would then come on site and initiate the call for them to dial in and reset the password.

------------------
One stop Voice and Data Solutions VoIP

anyone that has the MT Cert can use the master tech password to gain access and reset them ,my boss has talked about going to the class in texas

D
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 102 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024