Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#461335 11/22/05 02:27 AM
pbogi Offline OP
OP Offline
Recently I installed an IVX 72e GII system (see my other post "Strange set problem on IVX 128e GII") and as is usually the case, my customer encountered the following problem after I left. He said that he heard noise coming from the phones. At first he wasn't sure where it was coming from, due to the fact that it travelled to various sets throughout his house. It hasn't happened since.

I ran this by tech support when I brought up my other problem and they felt that it may be corrected by reinitiallizing the system. I'll have to monitor this problem.

One thing to note is that tech support noticed a lot of errors against X138, which in this case, happens to be an IVX Presence Management unit. The strange thing is that for all intents and purposes the unit appeared to be working fine. At this point, it's not clear whether or not this has anything to do with the problem.

Has anyone else encountered this random phantom noise eminating from the sets?

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#461336 11/22/05 07:11 PM
If the presence management unit is showing a lot of errors, it could be a wet cable pair which is not surprising if it's an outdoor doorphone. You may want to try a spare pair. I think water could cause exactly what's happening i.e. random phantom calls to other extensions.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
#461337 11/29/05 03:04 PM
pbogi Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's some more info on the situation. I should have mentioned that the IPM was only temporarily installed on a jack in the customer's basement workshop as we were waiting on the outdoor versions to become available.

The noise is best described as sounding like the squelch noise that you hear on a two-way radio. It comes from random sets and clears upon a power cycle. It didn't reoccur until this past Sunday, the 27th, which makes it 8 days since it first happened. This time the displays were scrambled and the lights on the sets randomly flashed. Again, it cleared upon a power cycle.

When tech support looked at the system on Monday, they didn't see any errors, most likely due to the power cycle. Basically, it's now become a wait and see what happens type of trouble. The unfortunate thing is that the trouble has only come in on a weekend when tech support isn't available to look at the system.

Needless to say, I can't let the system stay in trouble until a weekday, so it has to be power cycled.

I'll post a follow-up if anything new arises.

#461338 07/03/06 03:33 AM
pbogi Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry for not posting the final results sooner, due to personal reasons.

The only way that I was able to resolve this problem was to replace the entire (cards & hard drive) system. That solved the problem, but turned up a different one later on with regard to VIP that I will talk about in a separate post.

#461339 07/03/06 07:52 AM
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
That's a big system for a house ("128e GII"). Is it really into the Base II cabinet?

So initializing and reprogramming didn't clear up the problem? ESI ended up replacing the system?

#461340 07/20/06 09:38 AM
pbogi Offline OP
OP Offline
My mistake. It should have read 72e. It does have an expansion cabinet with a total of 4 cards installed in the entire system.

I corrected it in my original post too.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 97 guests, and 292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024