web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
Thank You, thank you, thank you.

If I may take a few minutes here to explain what is going on - I would be ever so grateful.

You are going to be able to determine just how much of a novice I am at this, but you have to give me credit for trying, right? (I am actually an Admin Asst and how I got in the middle telephones is a long story). I have learned alot and have been able to keep the system running for the last 5 years, but a Tech, I am not (in any way).

In our Telco room are two, I guess T1 boxes - one is AT&T for our long distance (24 channels, and the other is Bell South for our local calls (24 channels). About a year ago, we ordered from Bell South, a T1 line (I wasn't involved in that, so I'm not sure of all the details why). This T1 has 24 channels and 2 of them are data channels, some are ingoing/outgoing voice channels (lines 1-8), some are DID some are AVA and some are L???. All of the channels are not being used. I know this because when Bell South came in to do the switchover, I obtained all this information from them at that time - also when I look at the B screen I see these lines identified as such.

Also on the B screen are lines 25 -48 (these are our long distance AT&T lines). I'm assuming these are being carried through the other TI box in the Telco room identified as AT&T.

I'm not sure what a CSU is but I believe it may be the Kentroc (spelling???) box that is also on the wall in the Telco room where the AT&T cable is also connected to. When we take the jack or plug from the AT&T T1 box and plug it into the Bell South T1 box, where there is already one T1 plug up for the 24 channels I mentioned - they put another plug in the same box (assuming it is for the new T1 that we are switching from AT&T), Bell South says they are getting Super Frame signals versus Extended Super Frame. That's when our Vendor told me to tell Bell South that if the AT&T T1 was working with the DM4 Super Frame, there should be no reason that Bell South's connection shouldn't work.

Could it be that Bell South has some coding wrong - why would they be getting ESF signals? I hope I'm not being a pest - I would love to get this resolved so I can go in tomorrow morning and tell Bell South something!

To clarify - what I see in the Telco room is a Bell South T1 box with a jack already plugged into it for our local calls and the data channels. Then there is another jack which they just recently set-up for us to take AT&T's plug from AT&T's T1 and plug it into their newly designed jack on the existing T1 box. When we take AT&T's plug and plug it into Bell South's they say they are getting ESF signals. WHY???? (when our T1 card is a DM4 SF AMI blah blah blah.

Before this is over, I feel like I may qualify for a job as a Tech ;>).

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply and Ilook forward to any more comments you may have.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I'm sorry. . . . . . I made a mistake in the previous post. I said Bell South said they were getting SF signals when I meant to say they were getting ESF signals.

Thanks! And again, I apologize for any confusion.

Admin
Admin
Believe it or not 98% of new T1 circuits are B8ZS Extended superframe. That being said whenevr we nee a D4 AMI circuit it is almost always misconfigured. Usually it is a smart jack or repeater optioned for ESF instead of SF. The only way to solve this is to have the new service provider have a craftsman on site with a T Berd analyzer. This will tell immediately whcih signal is coming in at the site. INSIST that they provide this service!!!! I am in the SBC area and they can't even support AMI D4 circuits in some of their offices. Has to do with Fujitsu Muxs used in some Central Offices. Good Luck.

[Linked Image]
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by clmiller:

In our Telco room are two, I guess T1 boxes - one is AT&T for our long distance (24 channels, and the other is Bell South for our local calls (24 channels). About a year ago, we ordered from Bell South, a T1 line (I wasn't involved in that, so I'm not sure of all the details why). This T1 has 24 channels and 2 of them are data channels, some are ingoing/outgoing voice channels (lines 1-8), some are DID some are AVA and some are L???. All of the channels are not being used. I know this because when Bell South came in to do the switchover, I obtained all this information from them at that time - also when I look at the B screen I see these lines identified as such.

Also on the B screen are lines 25 -48 (these are our long distance AT&T lines). I'm assuming these are being carried through the other TI box in the Telco room identified as AT&T.

I'm not sure what a CSU is but I believe it may be the Kentroc (spelling???) box that is also on the wall in the Telco room where the AT&T cable is also connected to. When we take the jack or plug from the AT&T T1 box and plug it into the Bell South T1 box, where there is already one T1 plug up for the 24 channels I mentioned - they put another plug in the same box (assuming it is for the new T1 that we are switching from AT&T), Bell South says they are getting Super Frame signals versus Extended Super Frame. That's when our Vendor told me to tell Bell South that if the AT&T T1 was working with the DM4 Super Frame, there should be no reason that Bell South's connection shouldn't work.

Could it be that Bell South has some coding wrong - why would they be getting ESF signals? I hope I'm not being a pest - I would love to get this resolved so I can go in tomorrow morning and tell Bell South something!

To clarify - what I see in the Telco room is a Bell South T1 box with a jack already plugged into it for our local calls and the data channels. Then there is another jack which they just recently set-up for us to take AT&T's plug from AT&T's T1 and plug it into their newly designed jack on the existing T1 box. When we take AT&T's plug and plug it into Bell South's they say they are getting ESF signals. WHY???? (when our T1 card is a DM4 SF AMI blah blah blah.

Before this is over, I feel like I may qualify for a job as a Tech ;>).

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply and Ilook forward to any more comments you may have.
</font>

Do You have 2 T-1 cards in your switch?

OR

You said lines 25-48 are 1 T-1...on the ' B '
Screen

What are the OTHER lines on the B Screen?

It may be that the Other lines are coming to You Thru a ' Channel Bank ' That could very well be set up different than the standard 24voice T-1...

[This message has been edited by nonameyet (edited January 09, 2005).]

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
OP Offline
Hi NotaMemberYet

To answer your question; on the B screen we have lines 1-48 identified.

Lines 1-24 tell me they are the Bell South local T1 as they contain the incoming/outgoing voice channels (1-8) (CO lines)then say like channels 9-14 are not identified as being anything; then 15-24 are identified as DID lines - right now from home I can't remeber what else may be there but the last two channels are data channels (our internet service). There is a Southern Bell T1 Box on the wall for these channels - I see it marked as Bell South equipmen. Lines 1-8 are lines that are used for both incoming local calls and then when anyone from our facility picks up the phone and dials out, it also grabs one of those 8 lines to go out on. We have LCR that channels the outgoing calls to the least cost routing.

Then channel 25 begins what I recognize as our 800 numbers/trunks. Not all these channels are used but all that are in this group are long distance related. There are no data channels from 25-48. AT&T is our current LD carrier, but we are trying to switch over to Bell South.

I hope I answered your question . . . .thanks for asking. . . thanks for your help.

OP Offline
Rather Be Fishing,

Thank you so very much. I will certainly talk to Bell South and tell them to do what you suggested.

Thanks everyone! Tomorrow should be interesting. ;>)

Ya know, this just kills me. Why in the world didn't Bell South, as suggested by Rather be Fishing, just stick a T-berd in the circuit and see what they were getting?? Lots of incompetence here, I really feel for ya. This is what we get for getting rid of all our techs for the "needs of the business"

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Thanks Just Bill,

It makes me feel better to know that maybe the unsuccesssful switch over may not have been something I should have done. I do believe Bell South is missing something here.

My vendor, the honest/decent person that he is said there's no need to pay us $300 minimum to be on site; there's absolutely nothing we need to do. If Bell South codes their equipment correctly everything should work onece the jack is moved from AT&T to Bell South. I had words with the BS CSR Friday afternoon before the attempted switch over. She insisted that the vendor needed to be there. She said she NEVER experienced a switchover without a vendor, yet they were not going to be on site to support their equipment. She said they were not allowed to touch our equipment - it was our responsibility to configure our system. Our vendor said there was no configuration to be done. Oh well - . . . . we'll see what's next. . .LOL!

I'll let you know what happens, just for the heck of it. I have a feeling it isn't going to be pretty ;>(

In an earlier post you stated you had a Kentron Tserv 2..on the following WEB site
https://www.pulsewan.com/kentrox/tserv2_manual.pdf
Page 22 gives you model number and what framing format each model is. Say model 77965022 is SF only and model 77965023 can be either. I didn't dig any farther than that. If it's the first it can only be D4/AMI.

Retired phone dude
Using a t-smart you can set it so you can have b8zs-esf into the csu and d-4 ami coming out of it

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,791 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024