Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#463154 07/30/07 12:57 PM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a 42s in service with a long time customer. It has the 30 hour hard drive version of VM. On 2 occasions recently the system has gone dead and it took more than one restart effort to bring it back online. My experience tells me that it is just a matter of time before this HD goes for its final spin. Being a responsible individual I plan to replace the HD with a Compact Flash for 2 reasons, one is they don't need 30 hours of storage capacity and the second reason is I have a Compact Flash card on hand.

After the first HD shutdown I immediately did a system backup. When I replace the HD with the CF will I be able to upload the backup programming or will my backup programming be looking for the old HD to backup to?

Second question: Most of the systems I have in place are 56s. Syncing up using Esi-Access is about 30% with the 56s systems but the 46s's I can connect to every single time without any problems. Anyone else experiance this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#463155 07/30/07 02:01 PM
I have gone from hard drive to compact flash before with no problems, but never tried restoring programing from a back up , I just reprogramed the system(new customer had no backup)I would think it would work with no problems, keep us informed if you try.

#463156 07/31/07 04:05 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Just for entertainment value I thought I would share the email between my customer and me regarding this issue.

Email to customer..........................

David

I have some good news and some bad news. I spoke with Nikki Sunday afternoon. Nikki called because the phone system went down Sunday afternoon just like it had done 2 weeks ago. Your telephone system has a hard drive inside it that is basically the heartbeat of the system. The heart has an irratic heartbeat. Soon it will go into cardiac arrest and then we can throw dirt on it.

Now for the good news. I have purchased what we will need when the time comes. We will remove the hard drive and replace it with a CompactFlash Card. I will do this for my wholesale cost of the card ($XXX.00) plus $XX for the service call.

My question is this, Do we want to wait until the hard drive fails on us or do we want to be proactive and do it on our schedule. We know if we wait for it to fail it will be at the worst possible time.

John

Response from customer..........................

John, let's perform a heart transplant while the patient is still alive....

best times for me are weekends (jack or i can meet you to let you in) or evenings.

thanks

I know we all have customers that you just can't get logic into their head no matter what but I am proud of most of my customers. About 75% of them are just like this. They let me do my job!

#463157 07/31/07 10:01 AM
SST Offline
As back-up to your back-up, keep a current capture on esi-access. If the backup dosn't load send the esi-captured instance under the maintenance drop down menu. This way all the programming should be intact and you'll only need to redo the recordings.

good luck smile

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,276 Shoretel
188,995 CTX100 install
187,387 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 164 guests, and 411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024