web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#463160 08/02/07 09:32 AM
OP Offline
My company had an S-Class system installed for a couple of months. Prior to purchasing the system, one of the things that impressed me was finding this site and that the esi dealers all seemed to be very happy with esi's products and support. I have a couple of issues that I hope you guys can help with.

We are having innermittent dropped calls when another call comes in. This is clearly an unacceptable problem especially when talking to a customer. My dealer has not been able to fix this - any suggestions?

My deasler also says that a software glitch makes caller I.D. not work in the attended mode. Is this true?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#463161 08/02/07 09:44 AM
never heard of the software glitch, If that is what he is telling you , tell him to upgrade to the latest software . If you are not satisfied with your dealer call ESI and they will hook you up with a good one.

If the software you have is older I would upgrade , it may help with the dropped calls I would also call the dial tone provider and have them check your lines.Are the lines POTS lines or T1, PRI ??

#463162 08/02/07 09:52 AM
Welcome new member!

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to when you say "attend mode". I can tell you this however. I'm not aware of any software glitch that affects CID. Caller ID on a business system is different from a residential system in this way. CID is only transmitted to ringing phones. If you are in your office and you hear the phone ringing at the reception desk CID will not appear on your personal phone unless the call is either transferred to you through the AA or someone else takes the call and transfers it to your extension.

Now as far as dropped calls, can you go into a bit more detail as far as any key pressing to try and answer the call, or is it the incoming call dropped or the original call?

#463163 08/03/07 05:03 AM
I think Grider nailed just about everything but I just wanted to add that I have also never heard of this software glitch not showing the CID. If we know how your calls are routed when they come in we might be able to help you diagnose the CID problem.

Also, when you say your calls are being dropped, what happens to the call? Are you saying that a new call comes in and the other call gets cutoff completely? Or does the other call go to voicemail or somewhere else?

P.S. for Steve as far as I know the S-Class only supports POTS lines no T1/PRI available.

#463164 08/04/07 10:38 AM
I received a call from ESISclassuser, his name is John also. His system was installed by an authorized ESI reseller which was my first concern. The lines to the system are provided by CLEC through a T-1 Channel Bank which I like Steve Mull was concerned about. I am sure we were questioning that for a common reason. There are settings available in the set up of the line breakout from the T-1 that if not done properly won't match what is expected by the system. In other words if those settings don't match the industry standards common to LECs then you might have issues. Step one of the problem solving process is the ESI cabinet will be replaced by the ESI reseller. If that solves the problem (and I doubt it will, sorry John) there will be a follow up comment by our new member.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024