web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#463339 09/01/07 03:04 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll try to be brief.
Office had 56s Gen2 installed and running well for 2 years using 8 lines off CLEC T-1 CB.

Same office plans to move to larger location where we order 4 temporary lines from at&t in order to have service when system gets moved overnight.

System gets moved and connected to temporary lines and all works well for 10 days while we wait for CLEC to install CB with 8 permanent lines.

Now this is the headscratch!!

CB installed and I handle the cross connects.
I verify dialtone on all 8 lines and begin to test hunt sequence. Busy out L1 and use cell to call L1. Call rolls to L2 and rings in, perfect!

Next: Busy out L2 and call L2, should roll to L3.
It rolls to unknown location with RNA.

I then call L3 to verify and L3 rings in no problem so I assume L2 is rolling to different line not connected to 56s.

Call CLEC to verify hunt sequence and they are certain L2 is rolled to L3. They are also certain that I must not have connected L3 into the system. We begin to have difficulties in our professional communications at that point. CLEC is convinced that if a Tech is dispatched they will be able to correct my error. BRING IT ON!!

I meet Tech at location and in moments he appologizes for the confusion. After 3 hours of cross connecting and busying out things and fending off the CG, basically verifying what had already been verified the CLEC Tech and his Tech support contact back at CLEC central actually discovered the Channel Bank to be faulty and it was replaced.

New CB goes in and hunt sequence is tested.
Holy Cow Batman, now nothing coming in on L3 will make the system ring. Not even the previous at&t line that was still active. You can access L3 and dial out but it will not respond to incoming call.

All programming checked!
All DT checked!

I now have a problem with L3 CO port on the 56s that did not exist before defective CLEC Channel Bank installed.

I think the CLEC's equipment has caused damage to my system some how but I need ammo for the upcoming verbal battle. argue

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#463340 09/01/07 03:32 AM
John

Make sure co 3 will not put ring current at their demarc before your eqpt. using slt device (analog)or butt set in monitor mode.

-TJ-
#463341 09/01/07 03:48 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Excellent thought however at this time the original CB is gone and the new one is in place. If I had done that prior to install it might have saved grief.

#463342 09/01/07 06:20 PM
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Call rings in on C.O. port 3 no problem. CLEC finds channel bank to be defective. Now nothing can make C.O. port 3 ring. Sounds pretty straight forward to me. The key is, can you back it up? Did the CLEC tech SEE C.O. port 3 ring before he changed out the channel bank? If so, I'd say that's all you need. One of their representatives confirmed it was ringing as part of the troubleshooting process. Good luck with this one.

Justin

#463343 09/02/07 01:29 AM
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Is the CLEC by any chance 'Netcarrier ' ?

I was just on a cut a couple of days ago, and the netcarrier tech on-site told me the only way the hunting would work is from the First line down.

Meaning, that if you got on the 2nd line and dialed the same number, It would NOT Hunt !

Note: The CB is an Adtran unit.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
#463344 09/02/07 03:45 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
The CLEC is Nuvox/FDN. There never was any mention of hunt not being possible from 2-3. I think the Netcarrier Tech is full of BS but who know those wannabe service providers never have and never will be able to deliver a valuable/critical product with the same standards that Ma Bell can. No matter what her name is now.

As you can tell I am not a fan of those CLEC's out there that promise the moon and stars for 5% less than the Queen and then spend all friggin afternoon putting 8 out of 10 lines in a hunt group. Damage a perfectly good 56s in the process and all that took place after we waited 10 days for them to get their POS Adtran installed. It amazes me how we called Ma Bell on thursday afternoon and by friday afternoon everything we ask for was in and perfectly functional. Too bad the quality service was just temporary, the office couldn't wait to switch over to the BS ASAP.
:bang:

#463345 09/02/07 11:23 AM
It amazes me how we called Ma Bell on thursday afternoon and by friday afternoon everything we ask for was in and perfectly functional.
It's even more depressing that your ILEC broke the letter and spirit of half a dozen laws and contracts by delivering their own dialtone substantially faster than they provide service to a competitor. I am always happy and surprised when I can get a copper loop in three days without having it go to some other address, have foreign voltage coming in, or forgetting the jumpers.

#463346 09/02/07 11:44 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote: "It's even more depressing that your ILEC broke the letter and spirit of half a dozen laws and contracts by delivering their own dialtone substantially faster than they provide service to a competitor."

Are you saying that Bellsouth/AT&T violated regulations by providing the product in a timely manner?

#463347 09/03/07 08:29 AM
They are required to provide service to competitors in the same speed and fashion that they do for themselves. Twelve hours from calling in to dialtone is not normal, if it was you wouldn't have mentioned it.

#463348 09/03/07 09:24 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
When they were first called the request was for 4 lines and 6 meg DSL. They delivered. The next step was for the CLEC to place a call for a smartjack to feed the incoming channel bank. They delivered that within 24 hours also. It was the CLEC we had to wait for to install the channel bank that took 10 days. Odd that once they finished blowing smoke and did their install it was easily replaced in a 24 hour period after it was found to be defective.

I know there are good CLECs out there. They must be in Jersey.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, justbill), 44 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024