Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
smithdj Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer with a 56S. 2 of their lines are pointed at X106 & 107 with 5th ring going to MB107. When dialing from the outside, the voicemail answers
with "thank you, goodbye". Internal calls are answered correctly, "you have reached......please leave a message". Mailbox is empty. recycle has been emptied. Deleted greeting, and rerecorded to delete and reactivate the box. Had ESI tech support debug while making incoming calls. They are scratching their collective heads. I found a pass around it but it limits expansion of the system. Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
what software?

ESI just came out with version 4.7.18 yesterday

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
smithdj Offline OP
OP Offline
dont have the docs in front of me, but Greg and Chris @ ESI TS said that a software upgrade would not help.

I'm definitely speculating here but I would like to see this test run. Some time during non-business hours log in using Esi-access and make all lines go to MB107 and then call in on each line to see if you get a consistent response from each line. It may be we have a line that is faulty.

I do have a question. Is this an older Gen1 system that has the 2 hour VM. If yes then even if MB107 has had both messages and recycle bin deleted messages in other mailboxes might be effecting this.

Another question. Do we have other lines delivered to a different MB besides MB107 that are working OK?

smithdj Offline OP
OP Offline
John,

It is a Gen II. I will try test with all lines and post results tomorrow evening. I have had issues at at least 2 other sites where co gain was turned to high (even at the default setting) and would cause the AA to be interrupted. Could that be an issue? Not sure...

As a fix on this site I directed the to co lines (5&6) to ID2 recorded half second of silence in ID2 main greeting and set Day and Night NR to MB107. Works great, but if customer ever needed ID2 this would be an issue.

If it is convenient I would like to have the system power cycled sometime late in the day prior to the business closing.

The line receive volume adjustment is a maybe but since this error occurs without caller input I am staying open minded. Usually if line receive volume doesn't properly match LEC or CLEC specs you will know it immediately in CID garble in the display.

Is it possible to call the system and change the Day/Night mode using star-star XXX?

I Think the internal calls are set up in extension definition and routing where they are cfb and cfd to MB106 and MB107. The external calls on co line programming are set to ring ext 106 and 107 on ring 1,2,3,4 and ring 5 is set to rout to branch ID 9999 (disconnect)"thank you, goodbye"

Excellent point Jackal and might be correct. I too was wondering if ID9999 came into play anywhere in the programming. Later this evening (2/6/08) we will connecting using Esi-access and certainly look into how those 2 lines are programmed as far as Ring 1, Ring 3 & Ring 5.

smithdj Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey, Guys

Its 9:00 and i just walked in the door at the house.
I had an emergency install today and have been tied up with it all day. I called the customer and explained to them that I was going to do some test and pushed it until tomorrow evening. Thanks for the input and...

Right now programing is as I described in the post above. However, before that I verified programming and it was as follows..

Lines 5&6 were set to Ring 1 X106 & X107, Ring 3 X106 & X107, Ring 5 MB107.This was the same for day and night.

John, if your offer still stands I will give you a call tomorrow evening. Again thanks.

smithdj Offline OP
OP Offline
I edited the post discussing current programming above to make it clearer. I left out the NR programming in th original post

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,813 Shoretel
188,970 CTX100 install
187,204 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, RATHER BE FISHING), 109 guests, and 179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024