web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
hachemp Offline OP
OP Offline
We have an ESI-1000 with over 100 IP phones. I need to be able to change the IP address that the phones receive, as they don't seem to use DHCP or anything else controllable to get their IPs. Our vendor gave me ESI-Address to change the IPs, but this seems to be for Remote IP phones, not local. Can anyone help me a change a local IP phone to an IP that I specify?

Thanks!

Paul

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

SST Offline
Local IP phone set up is done in function 31. The local phones don't need or get an IP address; they communicate with the IP PBX via the MAC address.

hachemp Offline OP
OP Offline
THe PBX is apparently what hands out IP address to each phone based on their MAC address. Each phone does get an IP address based on the first IVC card installed. It seems that they simply count up from there and continue on to the next subnet without regards for any other systems using the IP. Our phones are getting IP addresses that are conflicting with some of our servers, so I need to find a way to change the IP address on a specific phone. From Function 31, you can set the MAC address on each phone, but the IP information is greyed out. What I need to do is specify an IP address for each IP phone. Is there anyway to do that?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
What type of router or DHCP server are they using? If they are running a good router/firewall as the DHCP server, you can force it to assign the IP address according to the MAC of the phone.

I believe it is under 821 or 822 that you need to set "External DHCP to YES".

SST Offline
sorry for some bad info there, I was thinking IP 1 phones. I would suggest changing the DHCP scope, treating the range of ip address' as static in your DHCP server (that may be your easiest solution)or changing the IVC card IP address. Function 821 and 822.

hachemp Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys, I had no idea about this - guess our vendor doesn't know as much as they think they do...

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,318 CTX100 install
187,091 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
C5Z 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 145 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024