Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#465322 04/01/09 02:48 PM
OP Offline
Hi,

We are using a ESI IVX X-Class system with five remote IP Phones, four of which are located in one remote office. While moiving things around in the office today, one of the phones will no longer talk to the system. It says "Com Link Lost... Reconnecting" and there is a "^ RP A" in the lower left hand corner. I checked all of the obvious issues - dead port on the switch, bad cable, possible IP Address conflict, etc to no avail. Before I call my reseller and pay an exhorbitant charge, does anyone know if it was possible that the phone's settings were reset? I don't think anyone doing the physical move would have been capable of intentionally changing anything.

I'd be happy to compensate the person on this forum who assists me with this for their time.

Thanks,
Derek

Derek Maxwell
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally posted by dmaxwell:
Before I call my reseller and pay an exhorbitant charge, does anyone know if it was possible that the phone's settings were reset?
That is not a good way to start on here as most of us are resellers...........my guess is if you looked at their "exorbitant charge" you would find that while it may seem expensive you have to understand all of the costs they incur to run their business and hire (and keep trained) a quality employee so that when you need help they can provide it.

As for your problem.....if you are at the same site on the same subnet and nothing changed then the phone should still work......can you ping it?

I'll help you. Plug in a laptop to the desired port. If you have network access open Command Prompt and do the ipconfig thingy.

That will get us started! welcome

OP Offline
First, I apologize for coming across the wrong way, especially in my initial post.

I fully understand labor rates and always pay my reseller's service tickets without question, but a 2 hour minimum at $125 per/hr for a remote phone that wouldn't connect was a charge that I wanted to avoid if possible.

I swapped out power supplies this afternoon and the problem seems to have resolved itself. I'm not sure why that would have caused the problem, but I'm content with the solution.

Thanks to both of you for your responses. I'll be posting in the near future - I want to attempt some integration with our CAD system and will most likely have questions.

Best,
Derek

Derek Maxwell
No problem Derek, glad you got it worked out. :thumb:

Since I am one of those resellers that charges a minimum let me explain a little bit. Every call we get is an emergency. In our world not many customers call and say stop by when your in the area and take a look at something. It is always come over ASAP.

BTW, The rate you quoted is not bad considering your market area.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,344 Shoretel
188,997 CTX100 install
187,389 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ashley), 117 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024