web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Sorry, I made a mistake. The IP address for NSP is 192.168.1.131. I tired to access NSP via http and https using 192.168.1.131 but it does not work. I also tried 192.168.1.1 assuming that it might have changed to default for some reason.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Originally posted by bdunne:
I have never seen an NSP go bad. It's always something else that causes VIP not to work. If the light is not coming on when you plug it in, it's got to be the last mile (or last metre in this case).

Is the switch that the NSP is connected to an auto-sensing switch? (i.e will it work on all ports with either a straight through or a crossover patch cable?)

If NOT, check your patch cable to make sure it's not a crossover type. It may have got switched despite your best efforts.

OP Offline
Dear Bdunne: Everything was working until we deleted and added Microsoft Exchange email account on the PC. Again nothing has been changed on ESI, NSP, Cable, Switch. All hardware is as it is. Really, I am scratching my head too...

OP Offline
Originally posted by upstateny:
If you can't ping it and the light isn't lit most likely the NSP is bad............what does esi tech support say?

OP Offline
I did not call ESI yet. The lights were ON, when the ESI system was booting. I am really surprised with NSP behavior, how could things change when the only thing I changed is Microsoft Exchange account on the PC (not on the server).

In fact, six months ago we have upgrade Windows 2003 to 2008 Exchange 2003 to 2007 and nothing happened during that time.

Jim

Unplug the mod plug from the NSP and then plug it into a laptop. From that laptop send me an email (address in profile). We gotta get that connected issue worked out before the IP address tinkering gets out of control.

By the way, you do know that contacting ESI directly isn't gonna do much good. They only work with ESI resellers. When will you be getting the installer involved?

OP Offline
Dear John,
Ok, will send you an email tomorrow morning. For sure, I do know that cables and Hub are working because I did unplug other WORKING CABLES AND PORTS and plugged to ESI/NSP. I will be contacting installer if I cannot resolve it in the next two days.

OP Offline
Dear John,
I did send an email to you by using the cable which was connected to ESI/NSP. Disconnected the cable from NSP, connected to laptop and an email was sent per your request. It was successful !

As a matter of fact, the laptop is still connected to this cable (NSP) while I am typing this email.

OP Offline
Can we RESET NSP by user a JUMPER on the Mother Board ? I did see the words NSP RST !

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally posted by Jim Doberman:
Can we RESET NSP by user a JUMPER on the Mother Board ? I did see the words NSP RST !
In order to access the motherboard you need to power down...which would reset the NSP there.

You want to be careful doing stuff like this...even if you know what you are doing....in most instance you would void the warranty if there is one......i know under the terms of my contract it would void any warranty that i offer.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,308 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024