web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I only have one amphenol/66 Block so could only connect one of them.

There is a card with an Ethernet jack in the second slot (but I cannot access via Ethernet due to no Mac version of ESI-Admin or ESI-Access.

Is your suggestion to put the 684 in slot 1, the 612 in slot 2 and only connect to the 612? Or are you suggesting that I connect to both (which would require a second amphenol and 66 block)?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
The extension problem happened during one of our storms when the line to that area came down. Could a short on an extension line cause the amphenol to go bad?

I just found a spare 66 block so could wire the amphenol up to the new block - I don't suspect the block as a phone directly connected on the amphenol side of the block has no tone on the affected extensions.

I could understand if it was the original two bad extensions however for the extra four on the 612 to not have tone befuddles me which is why I came here? :rolleyes:

Sounds like you have an IVC card. Is the Ethernet jack you are talking about taking up the 2nd slot in the cabinet or is it the NSP port you are referring to? If it is an IVC card:

You need to take the IVC card (the one with the Ethernet port on the side) out when you re-initialize. When you change port card configuration (which you did when you changed the 684 for the 612) you need to boot the system with just the one port card before any changes will register.

Leave out the IVC card, you don't need it unless you're doing VoIP anyways. Sounds to me like the storm took out ports 8-12 on your 684 card, but those ports won't work as digital ports on the 612 card until you re-initialize properly.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
OP Offline
The Ethernet is in the second card slot. Will try later without the IVC card and let people know.

OP Offline
Initialization without the Ethernet card has made no difference. Still dont have ext. 104, 106 or 108-111.

Help!!!!!!!!

Are the same ports bad whether you use the 612 or the 684?

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
OP Offline
Well after multiple initializations of varying types (with cards, without cards, only one card, etc.) the system is back up and running with all extensions now accessible.

Now all I need is to reprogram the Auto Attendant and things should be set to go.

Oh and I still need to upgrade to the latest software.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
what software is currently running?

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,292 Shoretel
188,179 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 85 guests, and 94 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024