web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Trust me I need more than luck at this point!

Info on cards within this system (both Cab1 and Cab2):
21640 MOH
21630 Fiber
21380-6 CPU

I swapped the CPUs, however I did not find any dip/jumpers different on the two cards.
I could not find any info on the CPU card I have. Perhaps this is a later version card able to determin which cabinet it is in?
When I put the Cab2 CPU in Cab1, it powered Cab1 for succesful call processing within that cabinet.
However, I could not use the default password to access the programming screens.
I was unable to logon to the system with CPU2 in Cab1.
With both CPUs swapped, there was no change in Cab1 being able to see Cab2.

I do not have a way to terminal into Cab2, as I am not taking the time to build a cable, so we will know know what CPU1 in Cab2 is doing.

Here is where I am now:
CPU1 in Cab1
CPU2 in Cab2
Cab1 works fine
Cab1 cannot see Cab2
LEDs on CPU1
Solid, Off, Off, Off, Off, Off, Off Off
LEDs on CPU2
Blink, Solid, Off, Off, Off, Off, Off, Off
LEDs on Fiber both Fiber cards
Red blink, Green Solid, Red blink
Ligth from both TX ports
Light from both strands of fiber on the RX side
Lights on all 4 of the side power units of each Cab

Open questions:
What do my LED lights indicate?
Why does CPU2 seem to have a different password than CPU1?
How do I diagnose the Fiber cards communication?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

JJ Offline
When you looked at cabinet 2. Did it have the same features as cabinet 1?

Plug laptop into cabinet 1,and then goto "C" screen. Press Control "E", "E". This copies info from cabinet 1 to cabinet 2. You should see the numbers at bottom of screen jump up to larger numbers. Wait till numbers count back down before exiting this screen.

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited March 22, 2005).]

If all else fails, use a BFH.
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Ok, My bad... the dip-switches that control which cabinet is what are on the Fiber-mux cards.

I still think Your problem is a Power Supply.

Try swapping them around, But, before You do that, TAG each one with a number so, You know where it was originaly.

The way the IDS was designed each PS would power each Half of each Cabinet although the Power Supply on the RIGHT has a LOT more to Power...

I know You said You have lites on the power supplys, But what Have You got to lose at this point?

were You able to Backup the database?

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
Most of your options wont show up in second cpu. Cntrl E E coppies info from cab 1 to 2 Not Cntrl A A

OP Offline
I was able to backup the database, so I feel much better about doing all of this swapping around of stuff.

I will take a look at the Fiber Mux cards for dip switches and try a swap of those. Still no way to test them within the system?

When swapping the power supplies, I assume the Cab1 PSLeft can only be moved to Cab2 PSLeft. Same for the rigth PSs. Any tricks to swapping them before I get myself in too deep?

OP Offline
JJ, I'm not sure I get exactly what you are talking about. I am not able to look at Cab2, because I do not have a cable plugged into it (and cannot get one into it). I am unable to look at CPU2 when in Cab1 because I cannot get the default password to take.

With CPU1 in Cab1, I am unable to see Cab2, so will this copy stuff from the C screen work? Will it overwrite programming on Cab2 (not that I care too much as I have a backup of the programming)? How can I reset the PW for CPU2?

You keep saying the password is different on the 2nd CPU...is it in DEFAULT?

Be REAL careful when trying to do a ' COPY '

If you're not at the Right place, You will COPY the DEFAULTED CPU over to the Good one...and LOSE all Your OPTIONS as well

THOSE OPTIONS are NOT on Your Backup.

(TRUST ME, I did this one time, it wasn't pretty)

as far as swapping Power supplys, They are ALL THE SAME...left can go on the right, right can go on the left...The only thing to make sure You do, is Plug the one on the left into the one on the right...

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
Stupid question, but with the fiber connected to the second cabinet, pull the connectors off the first cabinet and look at the fiber strands. Since this is LED light you should not go blind looking at the strands. Is one of the strands red in color, and the other clear, or white?

Before trying to copy data from one cpu to the other...swap the two and make sure you have the one with all your options in cabinet one.Then from the "C" screen hold down cntrl and press "E" 2 times. Only do this when the system is not busy.

Based on the led's you have cabinet 2 see's cabinet one but 1 cant see two.The solid led is the cabinet that cpu is in the flashing leds are the 2nd and or 3rd cabinets connected

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,326 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 95 guests, and 287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024