web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
MVSpeed Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an older plastic cabinet Version 7.1.1 (1) with Disk version 1.11 (12/3/1999) Flash version 1.17 with 4 megs of ram.

I think the issue is it is about maxxed out. I'm using 29 exts and 9 lines in the system. I have incomming calls during the day going to group 205 because we are ringing more phones than you can put in the list. At night I ring 3 phone first ring and then dump to ID 1.

The issue is complaints of dropped calls mostly from hold. They have a call put it on hold go to get it back and it is gone. The caller calls back and says they were dropped. The light on the phone is still flashing like the call is still holding when they try to retrieve it.

I have been on site 4 times (3 hour drive each way) and I was able to duplicate it a few times but not enought to get the the bottom of it. I have had a tech meet with the provider and we have tested the line quality and I was able to see the results first hand and they are not an issue. I also replaced the entire system cabinet, and all 4 cards, hard drive, several phones that I suspected might be causing the issue. Cable plant is solid we completely rewired the place 3 years ago and phones are all running on Cat5E with cat 3 inserts and 66 blocks.

Honestly I think it is over subscribed. I don't think it was designed to go as big as it is. Every other system I have had that had an expander cabinet had weird issues

Hope someone has some thoughts on what to try next.
Thanks in advance
Randy

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Wow, for a second there, I thought I was going Nuts :confused: The double post in Executone..

well, since you have already replaced everything...(ps.the Really Older Medley was Metal)

When you changed out the harddrive, did You completely Reprogram it all by hand? ( Not that I can Remember a way of backing it all up) I know what you are saying about the "bigger" medleys, I think they suffered from the Heat...I guess you could try blowing a Fan on the cabinet....

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,445 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 199 guests, and 173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024