web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#466771 05/11/11 05:57 AM
hfoote Offline OP
OP Offline
Our church recently received a used ESI IVX E-class system with over a dozen 48key digital phones. After opening the unit, I noticed that it has no Memory Module/Hard Drive. Is the unit useable without it? I would also like to obtain the installation manual 0450-0327 but can not locate it anywhere online. I have downloaded installation manuals or other models. I do not know if that will suffice. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Does it have a compact flash card ?? If not it isn't going to useable.

hfoote Offline OP
OP Offline
There is a what looks like a card that is standing up from the motherboard with the esi logo and on the other side it has the version # and prompt #. Other than that, I do not see anything else. If this is the flash card and it has no drive, then it probably does not support voice mail. Or does the label on the outside with IVX E 2 W/NSP signify that the support of voicemail using a dedicated Windows computer with the esi software?

Then it should be good to go

The voicemail , if it has it is on the flash card. Power up the system and hook up a phone and press and hold hold the 1 key for about 3 seconds if a greeting plays it has VM

hfoote Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the info. It will take me awhile to hook up a phone since I will first need to connect an amphenol cable and find the pairs of wires needed. I am hoping that an IVX128 and IVX Original installation manuals will be enough to figure this all out in the absence of the E-class manual. It has DLC12 and 684 cards in it.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
There is a link to manuals on the top of the page. I would recommend a current manual versus one for a different system. They are similar but not the same.

If you would like a referral to a local installer i would be happy to call ESI and find one for you. In an hour or two they could have you installed and working and provide you a valuable resource going forward.

hfoote Offline OP
OP Offline
I do have a local contact if we need that much help. We would like to test the system at home to verify that it would be an enhancement over what we already have. As to the manuals, I had earlier checked the link to "Manuals" but I already have copies of what is available from that source. Thanks for your help.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
hfoote, PM sent.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 193 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024