web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#466784 05/17/11 09:12 AM
jpbinct Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an ESI-200 phone system. About once every month or so, the system freezes up and must be restarted. The only way I can do this is to unplug it and replug it in. Whenever we do this, the last three outside lines on the system appear as being in use, but are not. From the front desk, the lines appear lit and when I pick up any of them, all I get is a busy signal. The technician that fixed it last time logged in remotely and did something to fix it. He wouldn't share what he did and I don't have access to installer features anyway.

We suspect it may have something to do with the analog card that is installed. Prior to our current telco (Comcast PRI w/ 10 lines), we had a PRI T1. Our fax machines were connected to the system through the analog card. If we dialed out from those three analog lines and made a call, when we hung up, each of those "stuck" lines would clear out. When we switched telcos, Comcast's PRI does not handle fax. They had to be moved to separate individual lines. The analog card isnt attached to anything anymore so that fix doesnt work.

Any thoughts on this. I expect I may have to contact my vendor again to get those lines cleared or have them come in and check the system.

Thanks

-Jim
ESI-200 System w/ 48button & 12button phones
Connected to Comcast Virtual PRI 10 lines & DID
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#466785 05/17/11 12:50 PM
SST Offline
Possibly no calling party disconnect on the Analog lines. Are these the lines that constantly hang? If you short the analog lines will that clear without power cycling the system?

#466786 05/17/11 03:09 PM
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Have your Dealer check Software, there was a version of software that had an issue with Analog ext's when using a PRI.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
#466787 08/12/11 08:10 AM
jpbinct Offline OP
OP Offline
Follow up on my original post.

I was able to figure out a way to clear the 3 analog lines. I realized the analog lines were still on the punch down block coming from the PBX. I tried punching them down at 3 unused phone jacks and plugged in my trusty analog phone and dialed out to my cell from each which cleared the hung up lines.

Thanks SST & nonameyet for the responses. Unfortunately my dealer/customer relationship is a bit strained. I would have contacted them but I didn't want to waste a week to then be told its something we did, not their fault. Can't wait to locate a new vendor after our warranty expires.

-Jim
ESI-200 System w/ 48button & 12button phones
Connected to Comcast Virtual PRI 10 lines & DID

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 119 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024