web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jpbinct Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi folks.

I have an ESI-200 phone system. I'm having trouble getting VIP-SE 5.5.5 to install on a Windows 7 64bit computer. The installation appears to complete successfully. When I try running the software, I get to the Login screen, my options data is all correct, I click Login and Loading TAPI comes up for 2 seconds and I get VIP Program Error. VIP has encountered a problem bringing up the Call Window. after about 15 seconds I get another pop up from VIP Call Control that says "Unable to retrieve startup configuration from PBX" When I click OK on those two pop ups, the VIP windows flashes open and closes immediately.

In event viewer I get a VBRuntime error. Event ID 1.
The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application EsiCall: Thread ID: 3732

In the log file I get this...
Information Application C:\Users\jbednarz\AppData\Roaming\VIPSE\VIPSE_new.log: Thread ID: 3732 ,Logged: 8/12/2011 3:52:30 PM: VIP Startup
Information Application C:\Users\jbednarz\AppData\Roaming\VIPSE\VIPSE_new.log: Thread ID: 3732 ,Logged: 8/12/2011 3:52:30 PM: Version 5.5.5
Information Application C:\Users\jbednarz\AppData\Roaming\VIPSE\VIPSE_new.log: Thread ID: 3732 ,Logged: 8/12/2011 3:52:30 PM: OnConnection
Information Application C:\Users\jbednarz\AppData\Roaming\VIPSE\VIPSE_new.log: Thread ID: 3732 ,Logged: 8/12/2011 3:52:30 PM: IncrSystemBusyUsageCounter
Information Application C:\Users\jbednarz\AppData\Roaming\VIPSE\VIPSE_new.log: Thread ID: 3732 ,Logged: 8/12/2011 3:54:02 PM: frmMain.Form_Load() // start
Information Application C:\Users\jbednarz\AppData\Roaming\VIPSE\VIPSE_new.log: Thread ID: 3732 ,Logged: 8/12/2011 3:57:08 PM: UnInitHandler - blnUnInitHandlerComplete = False
Information Application C:\Users\jbednarz\AppData\Roaming\VIPSE\VIPSE_new.log: Thread ID: 3732 ,Logged: 8/12/2011 3:57:08 PM: UnInitHandler
Information Application C:\Users\jbednarz\AppData\Roaming\VIPSE\VIPSE_new.log: Thread ID: 3732 ,Logged: 8/12/2011 3:57:08 PM: UnInitHandler - finished DoEvents wait
Error Application C:\Users\jbednarz\AppData\Roaming\VIPSE\VIPSE_new.log: Thread ID: 3732 ,Logged: 8/12/2011 3:57:08 PM: objHeartbeatTimer and objRefreshTimer are already Nothing Exit UnInitHandler
Information Application C:\Users\jbednarz\AppData\Roaming\VIPSE\VIPSE_new.log: Thread ID: 3732 ,Logged: 8/12/2011 3:57:08 PM: Called CloseAll from Class_Terminate
Information Application C:\Users\jbednarz\AppData\Roaming\VIPSE\VIPSE_new.log: Thread ID: 3732 ,Logged: 8/12/2011 3:57:48 PM: Error during Form_load [91] : Object variable or With block variable not set
Information Application C:\Users\jbednarz\AppData\Roaming\VIPSE\VIPSE_new.log: Thread ID: 3732 ,Logged: 8/12/2011 3:57:48 PM: Called CloseAll from Class_Terminate

The software works on "XP Mode" in Windows 7. Works on other Windows 7 computers. I believe it is an issue with this computer. I use it a lot for software testing. I've tried uninsatall/reinstall of VIP, turning the firewall off, and all of the standard software troubleshooting., Anyone have any thoughts on what may be causing this?

-Jim
ESI-200 System w/ 48button & 12button phones
Connected to Comcast Virtual PRI 10 lines & DID
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

ESI tech support could solve this in a heartbeat, did you call them????

jpbinct Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks walterv, I'm sure they can. But I must go through my reseller/installer and we are not on good terms (poor service) which is why I was looking for the answer here.

-Jim
I had the same problem at a location. Worked on other machines running Windows7 64bit, but not this one. I completely uninstalled the software and deleted the entries in application data under the windows folder system. They are .mdb database files under the user folder. C:\documentsandsettings\CURRENT_USER\applicationdata\VIP
should be a couple files in there. Those can hold incorrect settings and cause it to not launch properly. After removing those files, re-install the software, make sure its an administrator account on that machine as well. McAfee total security firewall also will block from working right.

ESI Master Tech, ICC Master Tech, Keyvoice, Comdial, Ipiphony, Cisco UC500, ATT Synapse, A+, Net+,
jpbinct Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks luckeeTEE, I tried uninstalling VIPSE and manually removing the VIP folders under the user account profiles as well as under C:\Program Files (x86)\ and any other place I could find references to it.

When I reinstalled VIPSE, I found it strange that it already knew my extension, password, and PBX IP address which made me realize it had to still be in the registry somewhere.

So, I uninstalled VIPSE again, and opened regedit and searched for the ip address of my PBX. I found 2 or 3 locations where the IP address, extension and password were in there. After backing up the registry, I removed those registry keys and then reinstalled VIPSE and it worked. It didn't automatically detect my PBX ip address though. But I manually entered it and Call Control came right up.

Thanks everyone.

-Jim
JP
I sent you a PM regarding support.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024