web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
RalphD Offline OP
OP Offline
Checking To See If Any One Is Been Able To Get A Poly IP7000 To Work With ESI.
I Received Snap Shots From ESI On Polycom Setup. Followed The Specks Can Ring Station But Not Able To Register Or Dial Out.
Any Help With Be Greatly Appreciated
Thanks
RD

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I'm having the exact same issue with the ESI CS 200 and the IP 7000. Were you able to get this figured out? It's been escalated with ESI but still not getting solid answers yet.

Hey Guys. I hope this helps. I was able to get it working no prblem, but be aware you cant conference with it. The polycom conference key doesnt jive with ESI and of course the analog instructions wont work either

I have a whole 8 page quick guide written for this that i provided to ESI tech support 6 months ago on how to do this, but i guess it didnt make its way out yet. a lot has to do with the actual polycom phone and how it works. If you are still searching please shoot me an email and i can send you the document. Please excuse my ignorance, but i am new to this forum and not sure if i can post a doc or not

Brian D
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
You have to keep a standard ESI phone in the room to create the conference call, then bring the Polycom into the conference as a member. This is pretty much the norm for all systems.

The Polycom unit is just the equivalent of a single-line set and its switch hook flash can only create a consultation hold condition.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Ed,

Great point. This is very common unless the system has a conference room application built in

Another great way of doing it is the Konf-tel 50 device. It plugs into the ESI phone, similiar to a headset does. You can then make the call with the ESI phone, power on the konf-tel and sit the handset down and have a great conference call. Much more inexpensive than a polycom ip series and definitely more convenient than adding an analog card if not ports are available

Brian D
Ed,

Great point. This is very common unless the system has a conference room application built in

Another great way of doing it is the Konf-tel 50 device. It plugs into the ESI phone, similiar to a headset does. You can then make the call with the ESI phone, power on the konf-tel and sit the handset down and have a great conference call. Much more inexpensive than a polycom ip series and definitely more convenient than adding an analog card if not ports are available

Brian D
For what it's worth.
We have installed several of the Polycom Phones of different styles (Analog hardwire, Analog Wireless, IP, etc.).
One thing we found out by horsing around was that the Flash Timer in the Polycom could be programmed so we set it to 600ms and that if you pressed the Flash key 2 times, you could get it to do the conference okay. However pressing the Flash key 2 times is tricky. When you press the Flash key the first time, you have to count so many seconds (watch the LCD of the Polycom for clues) then press it the 2nd time so the ESI can see the Flash in time to count it as a double Flash.
Food For Thought.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,302 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dans), 170 guests, and 152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024