Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#468935 06/24/08 05:52 AM
Zing Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello, I desperately need help to stop the phones in my office from ringing the way they are. Everyone is getting annoyed!

We are able to set the ring tone just fine. The problem is that when external calls come in, the phones ring using that tone we had just set as the first tone, but in the place of the subsequent tones are a series of beeps. So instead of 'ring.....ring.....ring' we hear 'ring.....beep-beep-beep.....beep-beep-beep.'

Obviously I don't know much about our system or where the problem is coming from, but please help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#1) Which Iwatsu system are we dealing with here?
#2) When you say you set the ring tone, do you mean you changed each phone's ring tone from the phone itself? If so, which of the 8 tones did you choose?

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

Zing Offline OP
OP Offline
#1) ADIX VS
#2) Yes, I selected tone 2 on all phones so that I would be able to tell. So what we hear now is 'tone 2...beep-beep-beep...beep-beep-beep..etc.'

Have you tried selecting a different tone on the phones to get a less annoying ring and to see if all end up with the "beeps" afterward? Is it just tone 2, or all of them?

More importantly, I think what you are actually looking to change is the incoming line ring tone.
One of four different ringing tones can be selected for each line in Class 11.31.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

Zing Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes all tones end up with following beeps.

How do you select the ring tones for each incoming line?

I am guessing the "beep beep beep" you are hearing is the delayed ring timer kicking in. Do you have your CO's set for delay ring?

And, as Keighlar mentioned... to change the ring tone for individual lines, use Class 11 Item 31

Zing Offline OP
OP Offline
I apologize but I don't know what CO's are, or how to see if they're set for delay ring.
I also don't know what Class 11 Item 31 means.
Everything is completely new to me. I appreciate your patience.

You may need to have a vendor come in and program your system for you. The beep beep beep may be the delayed ring timer. The ring tone may have been set up in programming for each CO (line). Both of these are easily changed with the programming software, which a Iwatsu dealer uses.

I thought you said that your system was down...
Zing Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay so our vendor just came to the office, and it was a timer issue. He didn't know exactly what happened previously that caused this. But it's taken care of! Thank you!
I reached out to you because I was getting impatient with the vendor and didn't know if this was something I could simply fix myself.
Thanks again!

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,758 Shoretel
188,951 CTX100 install
187,191 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (RM SYSTEMS, JBean3329, Carl Navarro), 115 guests, and 165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024