web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We had a power outage last week and when the power came back on, the phone system did not.

Was not able to get an outside line, no extensions/ports were working, etc.

Re-initialized the main board, and finally got the outside lines back up and about 20 of 35 extensions. Local tech suggested I get a new board for $XXX. I bought a replacement board on Ebay for $XXX, and installed that tonight. After upgrading/converting the DB to the version of the new board, I was able to upload the DB to the card and got back to where I was...about 60% of the ports working.

Not sure if it's a bad card or what, but I am pretty sure it's not the IX-CPUP/HW board since two different cards are acting the same way. I have 3 408 cards and one 16 extension card for a total of 48 extensions (counting the 8 extensionson the IX-CPUP/HW card).

What's odd is that if it's one of the 408 cards I am not sure which one because I am experiencing trouble with ports/extensions on each card. Very random. Not sure it could be the VM card either, but I know nothign about this system.

We are looking to replace the entire office system in a year with VOIP so I don't want to sink a ton of $$$ into this system and the local guy doesn't seem to know a ton. We live in a very rural area so expertise is not on hand...that's why I am hoping to get some pointers here as to what to try or maybe what to lead our local Iwatsu tech to do.

Any thoughts, ever seen this type of behavior? I'm hoping someone can help, after reading a bunch of posts it's clear there are some experts on here and I am not even a novice at this stuff.

Thank you for any ideas/help!

[Edited by Keighlar to remove pricing]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Along with the CPUP/HWY card, did you also replace the MEMM-M/L card-the one that actually holds the operating system and database?

What software version did you start with, what version are you running now?

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that. I bought a matched pair because I was told that could or would cause issues and I also wasn't sure that wasn't what was bad.

The MEMM-M/L and CPUP/HW card are both new.

I believe I went from 6.31 to 8.13, I know I am running at 8.13 now at least according to the Programmer when I see window that shows I am connected and at what level, etc.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
It sounds like you had more than just a power outage. Multiple bad ports on multiple cards is not a common symptom with this system.

The first thing to check would be all the cable connections on your 408 cards. A common symptom of loose cabling is the first and second ports not working because the top part of the connector isn't seated properly.

Busy-out all your cards and re-seat them.

Check all your wiring connections.

Unplug the non-working phones for a few seconds then plug them back in again. You should hear the phone powering up (listen closely!) and notice the first line in the display darken for a second when you first plug in.

Try to determine which ports on which cards are bad. There are no station ports on the CPUP/HWY card so port numbering will start with your first 408 card if it's in the first slot.

Let us know how you make out.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
My next thought was the wiring.

The phones that aren't working are actually on (now, they weren't with the old CPU/HW card). They display the time and the message (company name). However on some I can dial out and make calls, but I cannot dial that extension from another extension...get a fast busy signal and Invalid message. If I dial an extension from the bad one it rings instead of the normal tone to connect to speaker on that dial extension.

On a couple of the bad extensions/ports the time and date show, the header message, but no buttons work other than SPKR. I can get a tone but not an outside line.

I can hear the phones all power up if I unplug/plug and the black bar shows up and then the phone info. But FEAT won't work so I can't do a FEAT 99 to get extension/port info.

Crazy huh?

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Since the phones are in fact working,it sounds like you have a corrupted database.

FEAT 99 won't work if you don't have a valid key pattern assigned, especially if the phone in question is configured as an attendant.

The 'INVALID' comes up if you dial an extension number that isn't currently in the database.

Do a fresh download of EVERYTHING under a new file name and start looking at things to see what's correct and what isn't.

OP Offline
Okay, got all the phones working again with the local tech, had to manipulate a few things but everything seems to be working now just need some housekeeping.

One thing that changed was the extension to extension dialing. Before when I dialed 201 from 219 for example, I heard one tone (so did the other side) and I was then allowed to start speaking. However now it rings on my end, generates the tone on the other, but keeps doing that until they pick up.

I would like to change it back, but don't know where on the phone or in the Programmer software I configure that.

He thought it was FEAT 65 but that didn't work. Tried #48 in the Programmer, switched from Voice to Tone and that didn't work either.

Any thoughts?

OP Offline
Fixed it

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024