web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#470372 04/10/05 07:48 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Coral Tech:
Mark, I am simply pointing out what you are calling SIP is not true SIP. I don't want to rain on you parade but since we are in this industry we need to be precise in calling something what it is.

</font>

Coral what the hell are you talking about?? SIP is Session Intiatation Protocol and is an application and is a standard!! For someone who supposedly knows so much, why didn't you know on a previous post that 7.11 and 7.29 CODECS were compressed? For all the tons of IP you are deploying apparently it is now visible you are putting in IP but don't understand it !!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#470373 04/10/05 08:16 AM
SIP has 16 basic features as of now. G7.11 is not compressed (or more accurately very little) from what I understand and G7.11 allows for faxing and modems over a controlled VOIP network. G7.29 is (and allows for jitter and delay better than g7.11)..and stated as such. Tell me where SIP is deployed on several diffent switches and all the features are the same? SIP is an application and not a protocol...interesting. BTW read your SIP link on this. VOIP doesn't mean SIP, althought SIP means VOIP amazing I have to point this out to someone that knows this much.

[This message has been edited by Coral Tech (edited April 10, 2005).]

#470374 04/10/05 08:31 AM
OP Offline
CORAL TECH = last word.

------------------

#470375 04/10/05 08:36 AM
Nope, this is the last word Mark. I'm telling you Punch put a really good link and take the time to read it and you will see what I am saying about standards emerging from a ground level. Sorry it's in another thread under VOIP.

#470376 04/10/05 08:43 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Coral Tech:
But, once again that is proprietary and not a standard, thus not SIP. When SIP FINIALLY gets a true standard we will see. Right now it's simply 16 basic features that are generally considered the standard.

[This message has been edited by Coral Tech (edited April 09, 2005).]
</font>

B...S... Coral!!! You go and try to convince the IETF of your proclaimation. In the same analogy you are trying to convince everyone in this forum that computer networking is not a standard because it involves the use of routers, hubs, switches, firewalls, CAT5 cables, software applications, etc, etc........ Zultys has done the encryption within their product to provide security because SIP is an ASCII text based application that does not utilize the OSI layer model the same as VoIP. Comdial has their security built within the SIP Server Blade and protects the endpoints from hacking. SIP is a very vulnerable STANDARD that does need additional hardware/software. Now I would like for you to explain to this forum in 1000 words or less why you say why our SIP is not true SIP and what you consider true SIP. Please provide references also.

#470377 04/10/05 08:56 AM
LOL..ok.

SIP Extensions and Interoperability: Has a Good Idea Gone Bad?
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) was well on its way to becoming the dominant call control protocol for voice, but a funny thing happened on the way to the future: Since the SIP standards are so easy to extend, many vendors are creating proprietary SIP extensions. This now means that some SIP implementations won't interoperate at anything other than the most basic levels. This session will analyze why vendors have decided to create these proprietary extensions, and will report on what is being done to
address this problem. The session will attempt to figure out if the early promise of SIP can be realized.

Written: NGN2004 conference

#470378 04/10/05 09:00 AM
and..

https://www.sipcenter.com/sip.nsf/h...n+A+Dynam ic+And+Competitive+Marketplace

Important spot...
Since SIP is still an evolving protocol there is intensive standardization work done at the IETF in developing and updating SIP-related drafts. For example in 2002 there were 210 distinct SIP working group Internet drafts, 83 SIPPING working group drafts, and 34 SIMPLE working group drafts (not counting version changes - 00, 01….). This intensive standardization work, which is necessary in order for SIP to provide the functionality expected, makes it tedious for one to follow the evolution of the protocol.

#470379 04/10/05 09:01 AM

#470380 04/10/05 09:06 AM
Punch wrote:

"B...S... Coral!!! You go and try to convince the IETF of your proclaimation. In the same analogy you are trying to convince everyone in this forum that computer networking is not a standard because it involves the use of routers, hubs, switches, firewalls, CAT5 cables, software applications, etc, etc........ "

Oh, and BTW not all computer networking is the same. Amazing.....

#470381 04/10/05 10:04 AM
OP Offline
Coral: Punch Down, Rather Be Fishing and I became moderators of this forum, not because we are total experts in this field but because we think we can help promote a dialog that is positive and encourage individuals with little or no experience to get started some where some how before too much more time passes. I personally intended to try to get some industry insiders from various manufactures to join and give their feedback as well. I made a couple of posts, including this one and you have chosen to pick everyone to death on every issue. Is is a standard? Is it not a standard? Is is a protocol? Is it not a protocol? Is it true SIP? Is it some bastard hybrid? Here is my final question and then I'm through with this one. How do you expect anyone to want to participate in the VOIP forum, including nubies and especially industry experts, if you're going to challange every post and intemidate other board members? I mean, I've learned nothing from you on this. You're wearing out your welcome weather you realize it or not. Your positive input is encouraged as is would be with any other member, but this is discouraging considering this forum just started recently.

------------------

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024