web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Stumbling into this thread....

The only one I've heard of is Comdial and I wasn't impressed with their Key Systems.

esi is looking interesting.

Tadiran doesn't look too bad, nor does Allworx, but what is the track record of these three companies?

And then there is the Vodavi XTSc.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

We do ESi and Tadiran. Both are really good at what they do. Tadiran has been around a while and their systems are very well engineered and made to last a long time. Not for the new telephone guy or wanna be IT guy that thinks he understands PBX systems because he has an MCSE. The basic I&M class used to be 3 weeks and people failed. The system is complex and flexible, probably one the most capable systems on the market if not the most capable system all around. Version 15 supports SIP and MGCP.

ESI, what can you say, the system sells itself, it's easy hell to program but it's not designed to last forever. Being based on a hard drive you can expect failure every 5 years. Numbering plans aren't the best. ARS, weak at best. But, you have to like the system and the concept. This system is NOT designed for large scale ACD call centers or networking like the Tadiran.

I like both systems but there is a reason we carry multiple brands because very simply there is not one system that can cover everyones needs and pocketbook.

Timely.
I get frustrated with digital phones (on a digital phone system) that don't have enough buttons let alone an IP phone with little or no buttons.

My boss just (like 10 minutes ago) had a visit from a systems integration company who sells allworx as a part of their voice and data services. He dropped of the literature for me to look at.

Hal nailed it. Data folks just thinking like data folks, and not having the insight to do it the right way. "Just pull up a menu on your PC and ..." Are you kidding?
A phone makes a real good phone. Why do we keep trying to push a square peg into a round hole? I don't know a polite way to say it, and I don't want it to sound like us vs them (voice vs data), but it's a bunch of data guys trying to create a "data" product to replace a "voice" product. Can't blame em for trying. There appear to be some attractive applications. Just can't see replacing an Avaya G3r that works every day and NEVER has to be rebooted. My God if the phone system was a unreliable as our (typical) data network I'd lose my job in a week.

Back to allworx. The salesman told my boss that our existing Avaya digital phones would integate into their system. Surely he was not trying to say I could plug a 84xx or 64xx into an allworx 10x and expect it to work??? Maybe he was saying that the allworx box could be plugged into my PBX. I'm gonna call this guy to see what he sez...

Richard

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
The Mitel 3300 has every feature and more that the SX2000 offers . You must be on a Cisco Call Manager System . They are feature less to say the least ! I am not product bashing , that is just my opinion ! smile

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
My boss just showed me the feature on the Cisco phone to pull up a simple webpage and interact with it. The webpage could in theory interact with the Cisco Call Manager or Asterisk. The trick is that neither system has a default webpage interface that is designed for the Cisco phone.

Point being, he says is that DSS buttons can be emulated via a webpage, and that webpage can be viewed on the phone, no PC ABSOLUTELY required, but obviously the user requires a PC for other things.

Rob Cashman
Customer Support Engineer
I noticed no one mentioned SNOM phones. Coupled with Asterisk, the combo works every bit as good as a traditional pbx or key system (depending on how you configure it), and IMO it blows away the current commercial products available on the market (Altigen, ESI, 3Com, Cisco, etc.). The 320 and 360 both offer 12 buttons for features, line indication, station id's, etc. They also sell a nice sidecar for the 360 phone with 42 additional buttons. While they don't specifically state it on the web side, the sidecar works perfectly with the 320 phone as of the latest firmware. We've tested it on the 320, and it works flawlessly.

We've just completed our testing of SNOM phones and Asterisk, and now we intend to deploy them company-wide. The system will serve several teleworkers and 20 office staff between two out of state locations. Due to the open standards of Asterisk and Linux, we are able to fully integrate this system with our newly (in house) designed customer management and ordering system. We will save over $10k with this system vs. commercial offerings with fewer features and less scalability, not to mention amazing amounts of labor cost due to the efficiencies from our total integration. Put simply, an employee can do about twice the work of an employee of a competing company.

Again, in my opinion, no commercial offering can touch Asterisk. It can do anything you can competently program it to do, and it can integrate with just about anything. The issue has always been the lack of quality, well designed phones, and we've found that in the SNOM line.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that Asterisk based VoIP systems will soon begin to gain a great deal of credibility once more solid phones are available. It allows companies, vendors and phone techs to avoid being held hostage by phone system companies. I see this trending to the point of becoming a major portion of the market in the SMB segment very soon. Phone techs would be wise to learn Asterisk now. There is a lot of money to be made by setting these up and supporting them. Likewise, I think there is a big risk in losing a lot of future sales and support contracts if you don't AT LEAST become familiar with it as soon as you can.

It's a technology worth embracing... not shunning out of fear.

Admin
Admin
Thanks for the info weiss the Snom line looks nice I am trying to learn the Asterisk as are several other phone tech here hope you hang out here so we can pick your brain a little for anyone interested heres the link to Snom
https://www.snom.com/phones.html

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Originally posted by TonyFalcon:
Why don't IP phones have universal many DSS buttons like digital system phones?
My 2 cents on the original question...most if not all of the IP systems have interactive software that is on the desktop that provides all the functionality that originally required soft keys. Point and click instead of pushing a button. I agree that the soft button on the phone is much more conveinent but the premise still exists on the new IP systems through the interactive pop up on the PC.

"Again, in my opinion, no commercial offering can touch Asterisk."

This is a joke right?

Originally posted by Coral Tech:
"Again, in my opinion, no commercial offering can touch Asterisk."

This is a joke right?
No joke, but I'd like to hear your reasons for disagreement.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 97 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024