web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
baker Offline OP
OP Offline
First off - I'm new to this forum and am very impressed with all the activity here, never thought I'd find a forum about communications that is so acive.

Anyway, here is the situation. I've got a CIX670 and am trying to get a IPT2020 connected at a remote location. I've set the LIPU card to the DMZ port and have done the same at the remote location. I am able to register the IPT and the display shows everthing it should. But when I intercom that station from the office I can't hear anything, but the remote location can hear me at the office. Also, when going off hook to access a CO line at the remote site I get no dial tone, yet I can still dial out and make a call, but with only one-way speech path.

I'm new to the VoiP so bear with me, any thoughts or idea's would be greatly appreciated. If you need anymore info to try and help me, just let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Brandon,
Please fill out your profile a bit more. We alwasy like to know that we are helping techs or end users as it will/could change answers depending on the person. Do you work for an interconnect data company, or are you an in house IT guy?

Whatever the case welcome to the board! It is always great to have new people here! welcome
Steve

baker Offline OP
OP Offline
I work for an interconnect voice/data company out of East Central Indiana. I added my occupation to my profile, is there anything else you need me to add?

Admin
Admin
Sounds like your UDP traffic is blocked at the set end. TCP is OK..that's why your getting ringing and correct display.

[Linked Image]
baker Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll check that out. But I'm almost positive I've got the router configured correctly. Who knows, I'll check that when I get home.

Thanks RBF!

baker Offline OP
OP Offline
I've checked all configurations of the routers on both ends, updated the firmware of the LIPU and still I'm getting one-way speach path.

At the remote site I can hear the caller just fine, but they hear nothing when I speak from the remote telephone.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

The LIPU will not work behind a router, not even DMZ. Put the LIPU outside the router either on its own address or through a firewall like the Sonicwall TZ-150.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
I've got a similar situation with a CIX100 with an LIPU for internal and an MIPU for external. The External port has a public IP and goes straight out. The remote sites (1 att and 1 comcast) both have one way communication. We need intercom and it's not working. At the Comcast site we can make outbound calls and everything works as expected. At the ATT site we can't get voice at all.

Please help!

I'm an MCSE that got Toshiba Certified at my last job but apparently the certification doesn't follow you as I can't call anymore to tech support.

Admin
Admin
This is a 6 year old thread...you'd get a lot more exposure starting a new one.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,320 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (pvj), 129 guests, and 350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024