web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
We just installed a new MBX with SIP trunking. Everything is finally up and running after a bit of head-banging and troubleshooting. Now the only issue that seems to be remaining is that the SIP trunk doesn't seem to disconnect. If you make a test call into the system and then just hang up, the trunk stays online and even rolls into voice mail and records dead air for a while. Not sure if this issue is us, or the SIP provider??

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Who is the carrier? A Certified SIP provider by Vertical?

[Linked Image]
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Call me crazy here, but isn't SIP supposed to be a uniform signaling standard, like those with ISDN-PRI, loop-start, ground-start, etc?

You know, those pesky little rules that have been around for decades.

Should there be any difference between service providers if they are providing a uniform service? Does the FCC oversee SIP trunking standards? My own questions are starting to scare me.

Never mind. VoIP apparently has its own set of standards. I'll be glad when those of us on the front lines are afforded knowledge of the new set of standards. This is getting downright silly.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Its not a registered carrier with Vertical, but I agree with Ed. Aren't the standards supposed to be uniform?

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
It would be my guess that since Vertical has a list of tested carriers, variables do exist. And remember, we still fight with carriers who don't automatically provide loop disconnect. Regional carriers and even Comcast drive me up a wall at times on that one.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Every SIP provider is a little different. Sounds like you have a programming issue. Who is the provider? PM it to me if you don't want to name them.

Admin
Online Happy
Admin
I've seen routers cause issues like this (turn off any SIP ALG), or lack of port forwarding (5060 UDP + RTP ports pointed to PBX IP).

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Admin
Admin
Alot of providers do authentication in different ways hence the problems. You might be able to make it work with trial and error but Vertical will not waste time trying to reverse engineer every provider in the field...that's why they have an approved list.

[Linked Image]
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Should the carrier be providing some type of disconnect? That would make the most sense, but what types of disconnect are standard? I am trying to get ahold of the engineer for the carrier tomorrow. I have been trying to do this while I have been out of town.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Standard for Loop start is a 1/2 second loop open from the C.O. when the distant party hangs up the phone, releases their line/trunk, whatever you want to call it. Ground start, the C.O. lifts the ground as a signal (And permanent release) that the distant party hung up.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024