web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Don't worry yourself to death, not much you can do about it. Telco's weighted time is around 150 per hour. Like I said all you can do is hope they cut you some slack. Also, it's not that hard to fix, if you know what you're doing. Just relax and wait and see, you can't undo it.

Retired phone dude
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do yourself a favor and play dumb when they show up. If you go out there telling them that it's easy and $100 is highway robbery to fix your screw up they will take all day and roll a whole wiring crew (with trucks) and replace 40-feet of cable, all at YOUR expense. The telco is not walmart, they don't price match, or have a low-price guarantee.

Your best bet is to throw yourself at their mercy, let them use the backhoe if they want, be helpful, and go "oooh" and "ahhhh" every time he touches the wire. It will make him feel like a hero and he will cut you slack hopefully. Remember, he's there cause of you, not because he was scheduled to be.

BTW, judging from how verizon charges big money to do small things around here (when they are scheduled weeks in advance), i'd guess you would be looking at a high 3-digit, maybe low 4-digit bill. Remember, that $150 ballpark that bill mentioned was BEFORE it became an emergency service outage.

Call the 800-number monday morning and ask them if the wire is there. If they say no, tell bellsouth you called and it wasn't on the map. Maybe you will get lucky.

Admin
Admin
FWIW the materials (splice case and splices) are about $100 and the labor is somewhere near 1.5 hours to do this if you haven't stretched the cable too much. (YMMV).

None of us here could plead ignorance for not calling Miss Dig, or whoever you have in your state, but you just might pull it off.

Use a lot of "I didn't know" and "I never expected" etc.

It can't hurt.

Carl

Deepsht Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by justbill:
Don't worry yourself to death, not much you can do about it. Telco's weighted time is around 150 per hour. Like I said all you can do is hope they cut you some slack. Also, it's not that hard to fix, if you know what you're doing. Just relax and wait and see, you can't undo it.
150 is that max? And is that per worker of 150 an hour flat fee? I know price varies per telco but at least I got an idea of what the cost is. I will try and relax as your rite you cant undo it. smile
Originally posted by Kumba:
Do yourself a favor and play dumb when they show up. If you go out there telling them that it's easy and $100 is highway robbery to fix your screw up they will take all day and roll a whole wiring crew (with trucks) and replace 40-feet of cable, all at YOUR expense. The telco is not walmart, they don't price match, or have a low-price guarantee.

Your best bet is to throw yourself at their mercy, let them use the backhoe if they want, be helpful, and go "oooh" and "ahhhh" every time he touches the wire. It will make him feel like a hero and he will cut you slack hopefully. Remember, he's there cause of you, not because he was scheduled to be.

BTW, judging from how verizon charges big money to do small things around here (when they are scheduled weeks in advance), i'd guess you would be looking at a high 3-digit, maybe low 4-digit bill. Remember, that $150 ballpark that bill mentioned was BEFORE it became an emergency service outage.

Call the 800-number monday morning and ask them if the wire is there. If they say no, tell bellsouth you called and it wasn't on the map. Maybe you will get lucky.
Yeah throw myself at their mercy is the best idea so far. I'll let him use the backhoe as much he wants. I will try to call the 800 number but I got classes tommorow from 9am- 2:30 pm. I think by then the guys will be done if not then I will call. hopefully i might get lucky. Not counting on it though.

Originally posted by Carl Navarro:
FWIW the materials (splice case and splices) are about $100 and the labor is somewhere near 1.5 hours to do this if you haven't stretched the cable too much. (YMMV).

None of us here could plead ignorance for not calling Miss Dig, or whoever you have in your state, but you just might pull it off.

Use a lot of "I didn't know" and "I never expected" etc.

It can't hurt.

Carl
Thanks for the info Mr. Carl. So I guess if I get some guy that is not lazy and does what he is supposed to then it will be no more than 2 hours I hope? Also ignorance cant descibe what I did today. frown Just cant even think about it no more. Very bummed out. ;( I will use the I dont know etc.

My dad just got back from Atlanta and I told him what happened and he was bummed out too. He said he did it once a long time ago and they charged him around 2000-2500 I think the teclo was Knology. Anyways it seems unfair to make him pay for it if its that much so I might as well get a job if its anything more than 200 bucks. frown I hope Mcdonalds or BKing is looking for someone to cook or something damn it. :rolleyes:

Take a deep breath and a nip and let us know the outcome. welcome

Retired phone dude
Down here I would expect a bill in excess of $200.and hopefully no more than $500.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
It doesn't work that way , you call give them the address at least two business days ahead of the dig and they notify all utility's who either send someone to mark or call and tell you they have nothing in the area .

by digging without calling first you are also in violtion of fl law and can be cited

My dad just got back from Atlanta and I told him what happened and he was bummed out too. He said he did it once a long time ago and they charged him around 2000-2500
so your dad did it and you didn't learn ?

why shouldnt you be charged for your mistake ?
why should the cost be shared by those that do follow the law ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
If you were working as a homeowner on your own property, for example doing landscaping, they tend to be a bit more lenient. If you were there in the capacity of a contractor, then the state may levy up to a $10,000.00 fine for not calling for a utility location PLUS repair costs. It's best to represent yourself as a homeowner who just made a mistake and hopefully, they will be patient with you.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
This is off subject, but does anyone know what Bell's charge for underground fiber repairs are? I've been watching the development next to me get fios,I'm not sure how many strands are in each cable,but everything is underground.-----John

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Don't know, and pray I never have to find out! That otta hurt BIG time.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  EV607797 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,903 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024