Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#475614 01/25/08 01:09 PM
AAA Offline OP
OP Offline
Can anyone tell me if this is a TS22? From pics online etc. I believe thats what its. It says GTE on the back. The ASSY # is 021-723178-001 and 30 1991 is stamped by the clip.

Here are my questions:

The manual says what the 9v battery is for, but whats is the 3v for? Memory, Redial, etc.?

Are there test points for the 3v?

Why does the manual say dont drain the 3volt battery?

Is the 3V battery replaceable? If so how? It appears to have a clear coating is that to make it weather resistant?

If my 9volt has been drained for a year and never replaced did this damage the phone?

Thanks, sorry if these questions are basic.
[Linked Image from deadzoom.com]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Oh, that's definitely a TS22 (a custom version made for GTE) and well-worth keeping. The coin cell is for temporary retention of the stored numbers in memory while you are changing the 9 volt battery. If it's completely sealed with encapsulant, you can cut it free with a razor knife to replace it. It's just a standard coin cell battery, available at Radio Shack.

No harm was done by not having a good 9V battery in the set except that it probably killed the 3V battery trying to retain the memory. With both batteries replaced, you'll get many more years of use out of it.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
AAA Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you kind sir!

You are very welcome. Great to have you here as a new member. Come back anytime.

welcome

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Explains why mine went dead today too. Guess i'll buy a $3 9v and $5 button-cell.

AAA, L & M Communications may be able to answer your questions and might have that part you need.
https://www.buttsetrepair.com/
---------------------------
Nice to have you aboard welcome
----------------
MrG

Today's Checklist
1. Learn something new

Done

COMTEK Technologies, Inc.â„¢
Information Technologies Integratorsâ„¢
Celebrating 37+ Years Serving California & The Western United States!
(619) 266-1000 • (800) 525-7100

an interCONNECT-ITâ„¢ company
I can't believe my luck in coming across this thread (through general web searching) — I just got my hands on a TS22L earlier today and am trying to figure out what's going on with it, and had been suspecting the internal battery. I've also been searching for a place for telecom discussion — I'm sure I'll be sticking around here.

So, is there a chance that the CR2032 being low could cause further issues? Checking testpoints, it looks like it's at 0.7 V. Inside, this TS22L appears to be in perfect condition (no scorch marks smile ) but it's completely nonfunctional. At one point, I managed to turn on the external speaker and listen to the line, but that's it.

I can see some change in resistance when flipping the hookswitch, but it's not taking the line off hook and I can't hear any clicks or changes in volume when listening on another extension. The internal speaker's silent, the line check LEDs are dark, and the keypad doesn't produce tones.

Sorry to jump onto the board demanding answers, but... any ideas?

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
welcome

I think its probably the internal batteries , its a cheap enough way to start

give it a try and let us know

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally posted by SidneySM:
I can't believe my luck in coming across this thread (through general web searching) — I just got my hands on a TS22L earlier today and am trying to figure out what's going on with it, and had been suspecting the internal battery. I've also been searching for a place for telecom discussion — I'm sure I'll be sticking around here.

So, is there a chance that the CR2032 being low could cause further issues? Checking testpoints, it looks like it's at 0.7 V. Inside, this TS22L appears to be in perfect condition (no scorch marks smile ) but it's completely nonfunctional. At one point, I managed to turn on the external speaker and listen to the line, but that's it.

I can see some change in resistance when flipping the hookswitch, but it's not taking the line off hook and I can't hear any clicks or changes in volume when listening on another extension. The internal speaker's silent, the line check LEDs are dark, and the keypad doesn't produce tones.

Sorry to jump onto the board demanding answers, but... any ideas?
----

Hello Sidney...
[Linked Image from fantasycostumes.com]

well, now that that's outta the way wink

----

welcome

Welcome to the board!

----

When you say "turn on the external speaker and listen to a line"

Are you on dial-tone, off-hook, then turn on the speaker and can hear dial-tone?

If so, sounds like it is working...but if you can not break dial-tone, when off-hook, off speaker (on the receiver), then that is a different issue.

As far as I've ever experienced with mine... I have had the 9V battery die... been removed and can still use it in non-speaker form (receiver mode). I would assume that the only thing the 9V battery powers is the speaker (I do not know for sure, that's why I say assume)

Now I just spent a minute "googling" and found a link to a PDF of the specs for the TS22L ---> click here

The internal battery (3V) would be my guess for the rest of the problems you state.

The odd thing is, I thought the line check LED's were line powered... as well as keypad tones.

Try replacing the 3V and see if that clears it up first... they are cheap.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,350 Shoretel
189,000 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024