Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#477223 06/24/08 10:54 AM
OP Offline
Hey Guys-
At the new office of the company I work for, there is a 4 slot NIU installed with 2 Adtran cards. I saw that both circuits are only wired with 1 pair from the NID, I think it is HDSL2. We have a T1 and I guess the second card is a spare. The first circuit has a normal circuit ID but the second one threw me for a loop:
'6801 T1UMZF CAC-CGQ4FE4'
Any ideas?

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#477224 06/24/08 11:21 AM
Yup... I gots an idear...

That’s some good ol’ Telco short-hand…

What you have there is a facility T1 circuit or carrier circuit. And its id has been shorthanded on the tag due to space limitation… Er yeeah, or laziness… or BOTH.

You actually have TWO separate identifiers for this one circuit. First a “facility ID” (or carrier circuit id) and a CAC.

A full facility circuit ID would look something like 6801/T1ZF/DLLSTXBL/DLLSTXYL…
* 6801 would just be a numeric assigned to it to differentiate the carrier.
* The T1ZF part T1 =’s T1; Z=’s B8ZS; F =’s Extended Super Frame
* The DLLSTX__ part would be a CLLI code (common language location identifier) indicating the starting and stopping point of the circuit. (Not included on your tag ‘cause one location is where you’re feet are located when looking at it and the other end is “assumed” the C.O. that location is served from)

CAC-CGQ4FE4' … And here’s the “ding-ding-ding I can identify this circuit in most any operating support system number.” The CAC (circuit access code) is an 8 character alpha-numeric code that stays with the circuit cradle to grave. Give that number on a case of trouble and ANY technician can look it up. (Providing they are an RBOC environment.) There’s only ONE bit of intelligence built in the number… It starts with a “C” so it’s a Carrier facility.

Now… Can anyone answer THIS bit-o-trivia? Where and what are DLLSTXBL and DLLSTXYL CLLI codes for that I picked to show a full ckt id?

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
#477225 06/24/08 03:22 PM
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Jeff's circuit ID sure doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before.

I think Bryan's example would connote an ESF/B8ZS T1 carrier between 2 facilities in Dallas TX.

I Love FEATURE 00
#477226 06/24/08 04:25 PM
OP Offline
Interesting, I have never seen a circuit ID with that CAC on it before...
The other circuit, the working T1 has a 90HCGS circuit ID and also a DHEC circuit ID...it's from at&t. This stuff confuses me...

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
#477227 06/24/08 07:36 PM
Now… Can anyone answer THIS bit-o-trivia? Where and what are DLLSTXBL and DLLSTXYL CLLI codes for that I picked to show a full ckt id?
I'm sure that I could find the exact answer you're looking for with Google and enough time, but I'm going to venture a guess instead: Does the XBL and YBL portion have anything to do with V and H tables for FiOS service?

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
#477228 06/25/08 02:17 AM
Originally posted by dexman:
Jeff's circuit ID sure doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before.

I think Bryan's example would connote an ESF/B8ZS T1 carrier between 2 facilities in Dallas TX.
Yes, it does denote Dallas, TX Dex... I couldn't think of any Ohio CLLI's of the top of my head to better suit Jeff's scenario. … Well, those locations actually reside in Irving, TX. (Hint 1)

-----------------------
Bryan
#477229 06/25/08 02:19 AM
Originally posted by jeffmoss26:
Interesting, I have never seen a circuit ID with that CAC on it before...
The other circuit, the working T1 has a 90HCGS circuit ID and also a DHEC circuit ID...it's from at&t. This stuff confuses me...
Jeff, don't get it twisted buddy... The CAC and circuit id are two distinctly DIFFERENT ways to identify one circuit. The CAC is NOT a part of the circuit id.

-----------------------
Bryan
#477230 06/25/08 02:27 AM
Originally posted by dagwoodsystems:
I'm sure that I could find the exact answer you're looking for with Google and enough time, but I'm going to venture a guess instead: Does the XBL and YBL portion have anything to do with V and H tables for FiOS service?
No sir that wouldn't be the case...

CLLI's are formatted four characters for the city, two characters for state, and two characters for a physical address. (They also CAN have three more characters to identify a distinct piece of equipment as needed.)

So those CILLI’s I used as example are both Dallas, TX; the “BL” and “YL” are the physical locations that may make a few others out there say, “awww hell, I remember those well.”

-----------------------
Bryan
#477231 06/30/08 01:23 PM
The reason there are two circuit ID's is that the LEC that actually carries the circuit for AT&T has their own as well as AT&T having their own internal circuit ID that they use for the circuit.

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,308 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024