web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
It's been a long time since i have seen this done but now I have a customer that is merging two companies and needs them to be able to use thier centrex services between two CO's.

The Local LEC (Windstream and both CO Switches are GTD-5) says they can't do it.

Anybody else seen this done before?

DJ

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It is done by transporting Centrex lines from the "home" switch to other wire centers, via T1's for example, by making those extensions foreign exchange lines.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
While it CAN be done, they probably won't do it unless this is what we refer to in these parts as a "Blue Chip" account, using many Centrex lines (100+). The telco here (Verizon) makes exceptions to their policies based upon the monthly line revenue that they receive from the customer.

Your customer can always request the call transfer/three-way calling feature on all of their standard lines at both ends. Those features are sold at a state-regulated rate and will likely provide the transfer feature for a flat monthly rate per-line. The only drawback is that they will have to dial the full 7- or 10-digit number for the other location as opposed to three or four in order to transfer a call.

The upside of this is that they can transfer a call anywhere, not just to the other office. That might be something to think about when offering the customer their options in this situation.

It costs a lot more than Centrex-type features, but that is the only way to address this scenario without their having to pay for tie lines between central offices as Arthur mentioned. Centrex flexibility and cost is usually limited to locations within the same wire center (serving central office) region.

The GTD-5 is the functional equivalent of the 5ESS with regard to features. It isn't the switch itself; it is usually the limitations between them that are set forth by the carrier or the regulatory bodies that create these obstacles.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
I did some more research and came up with a feature that used to be called Multi-Location centrex when GTE was around.

They did offer it on all centrex packages from 2- 200+ lines.

You are right ED, They probably won't do it. They can barely get dial tone working here!

The customer aalready has Centrex service, and I can use the Centrex speed dialing cababilities to enter the other locations Pilot numbers to transfer with, but as usual that does tie up the NARS and CO lines.

Of course I could try and push voip but the way the data networks at the locations are set up and no dedicated QOS guarenteed data service between them, I doubt if they will go for the big dollars to make that happen.

Thanks

DJ

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024