web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#479000 01/18/06 07:18 AM
OP Offline
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A BOARD LIKE THIS FOR SECURITY CAMERAS AND/OR ALARMS? OR A FORUM HERE I HAVE MISSED, PERHAPS.

THANKS
EMMITT2727
SHAWN

Shawn
Connect Telecom www.connecttelecom.us
In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. Thomas Jefferson
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#479001 01/18/06 08:21 AM
I don't know of a forum, however, there are a few people on here with some security experience. I just finished up a job with 16 CCTV cameras on a DVR with remote viewing options.

Try posting, maybe one of us can assist you.

#479002 01/18/06 09:36 AM
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
I recall a discussion about starting such a category, but don't remember the out come...I don't see a category, so it must not have been received very well, I'd be happy to start one so we can at least keep the topics in one place..In fact I will...Build it and they will come. wink

#479003 01/19/06 11:59 PM
OP Offline
THANKS FOR STARTING A CATEGORY. I DON'T HAVE ANY SPECIFICS YET, BUT I AM SURE I WILL SOON.

Shawn
Connect Telecom www.connecttelecom.us
In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. Thomas Jefferson
#479004 01/20/06 02:05 AM
Admin
Admin
Now that this category is here how many work with security, alarms and video.
I have done general video surveillance systems for years but don't get into anything with matrix switchers. Maine laws require separate insurance/license for security systems so I leave that to the alarm companies. I do connect door access and panic buttons to some phone systems

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
#479005 01/20/06 02:36 AM
As far as the security system itself goes, phone techs make better installers. They tend to know how to fish and bury the wires better while trying to stay away from the high voltage noise generating stuff. The main unit requires programming like a KSU and all systems can be programed via a laptop now. What keeps most away, is definitely the insurance. Here in Ontario, it is getting harder to find an insurance company that will take you on. On top of that, if you do fire alarms, you have to be certified and even a higher insurance. I have my certificate, but the liability makes me stay away from the fire aspect.

CCTV has come into play big time now. Hardware prices have dropped and using DVR to record is the norm now. Everyone wants to be able to go online and view their CCTV system remotely too.

Access control is also very popular now as well. It's nice when the installer knows the phone system so he can integrate it. The problem with access control is that installers must follow building/fire code. You could actually be locking someone in a burning building without the proper safety releases. I see way too much of this happening and it too, screams liability.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 120 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024