I know my weaknesses in the low-voltage arena and security and alarms are definitely something I have never done. I have spent hours looking at controllers, keypads etc., trying to educate myself. I checked with my property owner today, and he likes the idea of some sensors at the doors and some kind of an alarm system. It's a very simple duplex, and I am building an OnQ/Legrand system and everything will be integrated nicely. It looks like I need to get one of their HMS 800/950/1100 controllers to do this. That's fine. I need to pull quad wire to where the sensors and doors are going to be. I would love to consult with someone from the Southern California area and pay them to get their blessing on the alarm portion of this job. I will pull the cable and take direction from someone. Is this really easy or should I get a professional alarm guy? The problem is, they are closing the walls soon. I need to get a few cables in at a very minimum. Well, no one knows everything in this business so I don't feel too bad. It would be great to integrate this with control software that you could view status with an internet connection. Thanks in advance for any info and your patience. Anyone here work in Southern California/Los Angeles?