Business Phone Systems

AtcomCloud Online Store
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#481715 07/21/09 06:56 PM
OP Offline
I went to a clients house today, they reported the alarm panel was clicking but all the detectors were lite up. I rebooted the panel, it would still click, I go to the keypads..ecp errors. Tried to dial into the panel..no response. So the Panel is toasted and I will be replacing it tomorrow. It turns out Verizon was out Earlier in the week to replace the power supply on the FIOS BOX. Looks like there was a power surge and it toasted that as well. I am guessing this is the same surge that toasted my Panel. Verizon said that they replaced the box and replaced all the grounds.

After talking with the owner they told me that they have had multiple issues like this in the past with electronics in the house. I recommended they have an electrician come out and checked everything, maybe there is some type of grounding issue.

My question is does anyone have any recommendations to try and protect the panel? I was considering removing the ground lead from it as well as adding a surge suppressor..any pro's or cons?

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
#481716 07/21/09 08:08 PM
I would have an electrician look for a neutral problem post haste, this is a dangerious situation! A loose neutral will put up to 240v on a 120v circuit. There is nothing that will protect the equipment other than maybe a UPS that protects against overvoltage.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#481717 07/21/09 08:53 PM
OP Offline
Thanks Hal, I am hoping the homeowner takes my advice and has some one come in. We will replace the panel and see what happens. You can lead a horse to water....you know how it goes.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,687
Posts636,178
Members49,607
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
BACKACRE, carlbdc, kestrielias1, Kevin-MI, Rcaman, Revertingcall, sc backacre
Newest Members
Uranium-235, grahamw, Motel6Guy, JustAGuy, Dialtony
49,606 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 12
Yoda 9
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
3 members (grahamw, AGITELCHILE, Carl Navarro), 70 guests, and 32 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems & VoIP | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022