web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
stha Offline OP
OP Offline
I have purshased a used 4A speakerphone system to complete my 2565. I'm surprised because the pictures of the connecting bloc I usually seen had 3 large connectors (one with 108A+switch+black module, 2nd for the phone, 3rd for remote cable) It was also an easy way to find the power supply wires. Unfortunatly, the one I've got is a smaller connecting box with only one large connector place. As is, the other side of the cable have all the wires to connect one by one somewhere... My system is used alone at home without a key system. Can I plug the 2565 phone connector diretly to the 108A+switch+black module and just use a cable for the 2 wires of the line directly on the phone ? I also need to find the wires for the power transformer of the 4A.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
No, you definitely need the correct connecting block. It sounds like you just have a 149A or 149B connecting block which is not intended for the connection of the 4A set. You will need to try to get your hands on an 82A, B or C connecting block. They were made by Western Electric and by Precision Components, Inc. That's going to be a tough one to find, but you might want to place a post in the Buy/Sell Equipent category because I know that some people have indicated recently that they have large stockpiles of this stuff in their garages and basements.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
stha Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. I will check the actual connecting block reference as soon as I will receive it. But many speaker phone sets at Ebay are sold with the same connecting bloc than mine. I'm curious to know what is it made for. To be more precise, when I say 4A system, I only mean using a classic 2565 phone with a 108A speaker and his switch system.

The block you need (82B or C) is specifically designed to offer true "plug and play" connection to a 2565 set. It is interally wired with three 25 pair connectors; one for the incoming cable, one for the line cord to the set, and the third for the transmitter and speaker plugs. Another plug can go into this connector to intoduce the 18 volt power that is required, but the block also has screw terminals to permit this connection.

On the other hand, the 149 block is just an "in-out" block that connects in-line with a cable feeding a telephone set. It permits access to many of the otherwise unused pairs in the cable to allow the installation of fax jacks nearby, etc.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
stha Offline OP
OP Offline
This is not a 149 block but a Western Electric 223A, you can see a picture on the following link https:// . Do you think that it could be OK if I can't find a 82A/B/C ?

Online Content
It will work if you have the M16 cord with spade tips that wire into the set. If all you have is amp plug than no.

Retired phone dude
stha Offline OP
OP Offline
All I have is what you see on the picture + 108A loudspeaker and of course a 2565 phone. I don't know what M16 cord is... If it's possible as is, I have to find the wires for the 18 VAC transformer power supply and know where to plug all the wires that I see...

Online Content
With the 223 adapter you need to wire all leads to the set and to the speaker. With the 82 block it's all plugged into the block, with the exception of the transformer. Looks like your transmitter is the wired type, so now you need the M16 cable to go to the set to wire it.

Retired phone dude
stha Offline OP
OP Offline
Because I only want to use it on a single line at home, wouldn't it be easier to plug directly the 2565 phone connector to speaker+transmitter+blackmodule (as seen on the picture) and plug the 2 wires of the phone line directly into the 2565 slots, at the end I'd have to find the 2 wires for the 18 VAC transformer. Thanks for your precious help.

Online Content
How you going to wire it without the proper connections? Using the set up you have pictured, what you have plugged in goes to the speaker, above that is a small plug that goes to the transformer, and above that the transmitter, all are plugged into the M16 amp and cable that go to the set. You can't plug them direct to the set you would have no feed from the KSU. Am I missing something?

Retired phone dude
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 168 guests, and 234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024