web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hi everyone...
I wanna say how terrific it is that the 4A speakerphone is still so much appreciated for its technical beauty, quality and history! I've had one since the 1980s and its works beautifully. Unfortunately, the mic ON/OFF pedestal fell off my desk, and the light bulb under the housing broke off. Is there any way of obtaining a replacement? I'm also hoping that there will be more posts presented here about this icon of telephone history. Many thanks, Rusty smile

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Well, it isn't really a light bulb. It is an LED which is fairly mainstream. I'd be willing to bet that if you found a GOOD TV/radio repair shop, they might be able to solder a new one in for you. I'm sure that being in NYC, you should be able to find a store front shop that is run by a little old man who is an electronics expert who will do this.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Thanks Ed for lettin me know!

I thought for sure that it would be some obscure Western Electric custom part.

I'll comfirm here when I get that done.
Thanks again!
Rusty

(I'm REPOSING my question here, because I'm not sure if I posted this question in an active section yesterday -- I'm a new member)

I've recently had a problem with my 4A speakerphone. A few years ago up until the present, I would either answer or make a call and after about 4 minutes, the loudspeaker would just turn off suddenly. Then, I would try again, but it would suddenly turn off again but even sooner. Each time I would try again, the sorter the time until it would click off until I couldn't even get a dial tone. If I waited about a half hour, it would work for a while, then turn off in the same shorter pattern.

The unit came with a different power transformer unit than the 85B1 Power unit Its "Precision Components Telephone, INPUT 115V AC 60HZ, OUTPUT: 16V AC 375 mA, MODEL: 0501-0372 PC-2012HD-3

I hope this is enough info (If necessary, I'll list all the components).

I'm really hoping I can get this beautiful technical marvel to work as it should.

Many thanks again for your help so far (about the led lamp, Ed)
Rusty

Has this happened since your LED in the transmitter got broken? If so, chances are that it is causing a short that is loading down the 2012D transformer. It has a thermal cutout in it that will disconnect the power until the transformer cools off. At first it is four minutes, but repeated attempts will shorten this time frame.

I think that once you get the LED replaced, the problem will go away. If you are not able to get it repaired, just clip away the remnants of the broken LED so that the wired connections to the LED are no longer touching and you should be fine. You just won't have an in-use light. Don't do this while it is plugged in. Also, don't do this until you find out if you can get the LED replaced.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Rusty, it looks as if we have the same question going in two different places. It would be best if we focus on one place to keep your questions. Take a look where your other posts are because Arthur has some good information for you there.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Sorry Ed. I first posted the question in the other location but thought perhaps that the section wasn't active, so I posted it here (I just joined and still getting the hang of the place)

In any case, I'm gonna check the transformer with as VOM next, But this problem started years before the led light broke off, so I'm pretty sure it isn't that causing a short.

Hopefully its the transformer. I have a 85B1 Power unit somewhere here, so I will try and find it next.

I suppose I'll continue this question at the other location as you suggested:

https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/002503.html

Thanks again for your help.
Rusty

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,007 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (JBean3329, jsaad, highlysecptial), 146 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024