web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
OP Offline
Thanks!

You mean the mushrooms?

If so, they are used to route the wires around from one row of blocks to the other - basically I ran a 25 pair from the KSU to the first row of 66 blocks, then fed the 2nd row from the first... kinda like daisy chaining 'em I guess. Anyway, the wires that connect the blocks together go up and over the shrooms.

I'm having a lot of fun with it, but like I told Ed yesterday, there's been more than a few do overs.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline

No, I know what mushrooms are smile
I meant higher above the backboard where the 50 pair goes.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Jeff:

The unit on the left is a stand-alone intercom unit. On the right, it looks to be a Bogen FM tuner.

Matt:

Looks like you need another mushroom board and a couple of brackets. Looks like a pair of 66M1-25 blocks might have fit into your plan better. I thought you were just going to run jumpers out of the KSU to the station blocks. Let me know if you need any more parts.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Hey Ed -

Right on both counts: Intercom/Tuner.

As for the parts - yep. Damn man, you're good. The ITT manual said to use 2 25 pair blocks - one they called the "CO Block". and the other, simply "25 pair block". I didn't have any of those, so did the best I could with what I had.

Originally I was going to run jumpers from the 66 blocks back to the KSU, but then decided it would be cleaner to do it this way. Ken and I discussed it, and the ITT manual said to do it this was as well, specifically if you were going to connect more than 5 stations.

Because of all that, I went with the 25 pair out of the KSU. So the upper left block is a straight feed from the KSU, the one below it is used for AB/BB, etc, as well as all the intercom connections. Right now I only have 2 stations connected, and they go to the upper right block. The lower right block has nothing on it yet, but I have 2 more phones in my living room to connect to it.

So yeah, I'll need some more blocks - I have enough slack to yank the split pair blocks and replace with those you suggested. Also will need another shroom block. And that intercom card as well (just so I have it, doubt I'll be able to find one again). Plus part of me wants every slot in the KSU consumed and functional. Also a couple more new brackets - Ken gave me 2 he had as well as another blue board.

I'll get ya a more complete/definitive parts list in a week or so, gotta wait for payday to roll around again.

Tommorow I'm gonna take a stab at figuring out what's wrong with my MOH. I gotta think it's something I'm doing wrong or not doing at all.

Thanks -
Matt

What is AB/BB??

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
OP Offline
AB = A Battery, BB = B Battery (-24v). I don't know why they are called A & B though, and I'm not completely sure, but I think the main difference is one is filtered and one isn't. There's also AG and BG (A&B Ground). And of course RC and RG (Ring). Oh, L & LG (Intercom Lamp). And a whole lot more, probably. This is just what I've learned while here. Also I had to bring over 10v and 18v to the 66 block, the 10v is to feed the intercom lamp input, and the 18v goes to the intercom as well, for signalling output.

Thanks smile
I only knew Lamp and Lamp ground.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Hey, it's a cute little ITT 601 system! Nice 4 line cell, Corinth's answer to a WE554 shoebox. (Saw one at the Dayton Hamvention, really shoulda picked it up...)

Looks like you're going to use an external power supply and intercom. That's good, since the intercom and power supply were proprietary, and the weak link of the design. I must've installed hundreds of these back in the day. Think I tossed my manuals years ago, but I bet I could set one up from memory.

Nice project, nice install, great to see someone keeping up with 1A2. My friend still has a WE shoebox in his house, the VZ tech's really get a kink out of it everytime he calls them in. I sent him all my remaining 2564 sets when I moved to Florida, but can't find WE 6 button Touch A Matic sets for him anymore.

Macy Hallock - N8OBG - Medina, OH
OP Offline
Thanks!

Power supply and ring generator are internal; but I think the PS is going out.

Thanks for all the compliminents! But not much is due to me, I try to take my time, and try to route things properly/neatly. But it was Ken and Ed (among others) that have mentored me through this. Now I'm just learning through experience.

But your right on the intercom - the box next to it is a valcom radio for MOH. I have an intercom card for the KSU; but near as we can tell it's no good.

Thanks again, I'm having a ball. Some people might think having 3 2565's in one room is a bit over the top, but I can't get enough of 'em. Shooting for 7 1A2 phones, a trimline in each bathroom, and various assorted other models sprinkled here and there.

I'll post some more pics tomorrow, I'm very nearly done (with this phase, anyway).

PS: There's a WE KSU on ebay now, looks like it comes with 4 line cards and is ready to go.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024