web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hi Jeff,

I think that was what I said. With 1a2 it's a bit more tricky because you are dealing with a robust power supply that runs talk battery, ringing voltage and lamp battery. These are all rated at a 1/2 amp or more. So now your music source has to compete with this. I'm sure at best crosstalk music would prevail for the novice.

It's something to study. Something to learn. The most important factor of 1a2 for the non electrician is that it can tech you More than any electrician ever thought of learning.
Keep in mind it's not much more complicated than a old train set.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Jeff, the 403A card is a bank of seven 600 ohm 1:1 isolation transformers. These are needed for all MOH line cards' input isolation EXCEPT for the San/Bar cards. They had their own isolated input, so the same music source could be parallel-connected to all line card slots on pins 3 and 18.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Ed, your reading from specs. He won't find the card.
Or even make it work without alot of trouble. A real lot of trouble. If they make it work without the card now they hear music on the other lines.

Now they have to isolate this. All I can say as a hint. triple up on your lcc 120's and add a diode and varistor and play the music on hold game.

One needs build or inject a music source to the inturuptur ckt. This is how it will work

mope Offline OP
OP Offline
from fear of knocking out my companys only phone system I decided to go on a quest for the San Bar 4201a's.

I got two of them in today. Assuming they were pretty much "plug and play" I plugged one in my second line slot. Well I guess they are not as plug and play as i suspected. It got extreamly hot and a little stinky.

Do I still need to be disconnecting the wires at pin 3 and 18?? At what point of the source of the wires should be diconnected? Behind each slot, or at a different point? I am thinking behind my 66 block because the 3 and 18 then become my output lines right?

I guess I am much more a novice then I thought. Any help would be great. Thanks for putting up with me. Hopefully I can still get to use the second card I bought without frying that one too.

Yes, you always have to send your music in on pins and 3/18. You might get lucky and have a revision of 551 that has all four line card slots wired for A battery on pins 3/18. If so, you can just disconnect the wires from AG and AB (Talk battery) a the power supply and send your music in on those wires.

You may find that each slot's pins 3/18 show up on the 66 block independently on the right side. Open up the back cover and trace the wires out. If they are on the block, then you are in good shape. Just pull off any jumpers that are on those pins of the block and loop your music wiring to the pair feeding each slot.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
mope Offline OP
OP Offline
well I feel like a dope...as usuall.

I had some time this weekend so I thougt I would try my music on hold again...so I got out my multimeter and found what I assume was my "talk battery," I disconnected the power at the rear of my ksu where it says "GA and BA" so thats all fine now, when I plug in my sanbar it doesnt melt quite like the first one did. I can get audio but now where do I put it?

I thought at first that the sanbar cards were replacement cards but after taking a second to look at them they are only a music source. My stupidity, but no big deal. I have 4 slots for cards and utilize 3 lines. So I thought that the audio out from the san bar card in the fourth slot would go out on 3 and 18 to the other cards. Is this not right? Im sure there is more to it than that.

The 3 and 18 pin on all 4 slots are connected together. I still do not hear anything on hold though? At this point I am not worried about people on hold talking to each other, but where did I go wrong? Do I need to take my output from 3 and 18 now and stick it somewhere else?

Does anyone have a list or scematic showing what the abbreviations used on the 66 block mean? I think knowing what each is would help me a bit as well.

I'm sure my lack of experience is adding to my problems, you guys are so knowledgable about this stuff and I know someone knows what I am missing.

Thanks guys! I can take pictures or make diagrams or whatever info might help figure out what I am doing.

You are pretty much on the money. Pins 3 and 18 of all card slots should be connected together and to nothing else. You may not have your option jumpers on the MOH card(s) set to allow music on hold. They were shipped from the factory with music on hold option disabled to keep people from accidentally frying them by plugging them into a slot with 24 volts on those pins.

These option plugs should be fairly easy to find without a schematic. Just trace pins 3 & 18 on the card to the first place they go which will be two option plugs. Just move those to their opposite positions and you should be all set.

Just remember that you will get crosstalk between parties on hold if you use the Brand-Rex LC400E cards.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
On a Brand Rex LC 400E (issue 13) to allow MOH Move J3 to 20-21 and J4 to 17-18.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
mope Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys! My music on hold finally works! I decided to just have the music available on the first line for now untill I figure how I should rig up the other lines.

Hey Sam, do you know what other jumper settings there are? I was just wondering if there were any other fun options or things these cards might be capable of doing.

Thanks so much to you guys for your help in my little project!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024