web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I've given it a lot of thought, and even though some SLT's don't require any mods at all for A lead control, and the changes required for those that don't have it "built in" aren't that difficult .... something about having it all handled automatically appeals to me. Especially because of my pay phone.

Thanks to a fellow member (I'm not sure if he's wants me to mention his name, but he has my great thanks and highest repsects) from the ATCA, and here as well, I suppose, I have all the info .. and more .. I need to convert my SLT's for a lead control, and will be following that route if I lose the bid on:

A Lead Adapter

But the text of the sale indicates they manufacture the devices. I've a question into the seller to see if this is the case, and if so, will post contact info (with his permission).

Just thought I'd post this as a heads up as A- Lead control adapters seem to be highly sought after.

Respects,
Matt

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Matt, as I mentioned a few months ago, that product is not made to allow rotary telephones to work properly. It does not have a slow-release relay. This causes the lamps to blink during pulse calls. It also has been known to chatter on incoming calls, and to introduce unacceptable transmission loss. It is really not designed well, and the maker has been advised of these short-comings over the years.

Tomorrow I will go out to the barn and find you a Western Electric 18D KTU, and mail it to you for your Xmas present. It has two relays, and is designed to do exactly what you need it to do. It has a line relay and a slow-release relay, and any number of SLT's can be multipled on it.

Then we can all get on with our lives, and you will achieve SLT Nirvana.

And, oh, by the way, I wouldn't say you LOOK like an idiot or TALK like an idiot...but...

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

OP Offline
Arthur -

Thanks man! I can't believe the caliber of the people on this site. Please let me know what I owe you (even Christmas comes at a cost), I'm guessing you'll probably say nothing, (Not a problem if that's the wrong guess) you should be reimbursed - at a minimum, shipping costs.

Sorry, in my zeal to get the adapter, I forgot your earlier warning.

For the rest, please disregard my original post.

Respects,
Matt

PS:

As for the idiot thing - thanks! But I'm a long time self degrader, and I like Groucho. Just my way of customizing one of my favorite quotes. Or are you saying ... I ACT like an idiot? If so, I have to plead guilty there, Arthur.... only way I've ever been able to learn anything.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Guys-

I just discovered that another thing FIOS doesn't play nice with is WECO 6B relays (Matt - similar to the 18D). It would supply a closure, but it chattered the voice.

The printed circuit version that I had worked fine so I swapped it out. Arthur - if you can't find the 18D, I've got a 6B sitting here.

As an aside, I used a 6B once when I built a "bugging" device.

But that's another story.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
OP Offline
Thanks Sam -

When are you going to buy me a beer and tell me the story?

Respects,
Matt

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
PM sent.

Sam

Sam (and others, of course):

We had a boss who was particularly offensive, to be diplomatic, and he had a #1-Xbar number and an ESS number on his desk, both appearing on a 565Hk.

We took a 6B (I think) and put his first line through it, and put the second line on the make contacts. Whenever he picked up line 1, and dialed (rotary back then) the contacts would pick up and dial the same number on line 2. Since the ESS call would complete first, he would always get a busy signal, regardless of what number he dialed, unless it was in a hunt group. Great fun, I assure you. There was a lot of handset slamming and cursing coming from his office on a regular basis.

Arthur P. Bloom

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Arthur -

That may be one of the wickedest (and cleverest!) things I've ever heard.

Sam

Sam, you're too kind.

Arthur P. Bloom

OP Offline
Originally posted by Silversam:
PM sent.

Sam
Reply sent.

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,792
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,131 Shoretel
188,990 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Professor Shadow, James D., Toner, highlysecptial), 118 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024