web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Long ago, brown (color suffix -54) was used for 500 sets and 54X and 56X series key sets. They MD'd them in the mid 1960's. They are too rare even to consider finding one.

WECO never made anything in ash.

So I need an ITT brown and an ITT ash.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

tlb Offline
Arthur,

Did ITT make a brown 6-button rotary set? I don't ever remember seeing it in brown. I have an ash and brown TT 6-button. Of course I worked for an interconnect in the mid to late 80's and rotary dial was not ordered very often. I will have to take a few snapshots of my WE 2565 collection. I have at least one in every color made and some colors I have two. 6-button wall and touch-a-matics also. This was all uninstalled from the house I grew up in and I packed it all very nicely in boxes. I even took out the KSU and some of the 25 pair cabling as I knew the new owners didn't want it.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
ITT definitely made them in brown. We sold a bunch of them to government agencies in the 1980's.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Originally posted by EV607797:
ITT definitely made them in brown. We sold a bunch of them to government agencies in the 1980's.
Ditto. The Fed's specs were that they would accept either tone or
rotary - but they bought whatever was cheaper - and that was rotary, by about 15% if I remember correctly. In the early '70s we probably did 50/50 rotary/tone with a sizable minority of the sets being brown ITT 564s & 830s. By the late '70s though almost everything commercial around here was going tone.

Except the Federal Government jobs,

I installed a couple of thousand Stromberg - Carlson "mini call directors" (1800 series? I can't remember) - 6 button sets in Brown, Ash & Beige for the feds as late as the early '80s. The S-C set were nice - with all buttons in the up position you had an intercom path available. Almost like getting a 6th line "free".

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
OP Offline
Sorry to disappoint (this won't come as a surprise to most of you), but I just don't have the time or the organization to take on such a project. If anyone wants (if I still have the file) I can send what I had and that person may continue it on their own. I don't think I still have the file but I will check once I get home.

Admin
Admin
Now you see why it would be hard to find that book there is to much information and differences in the systems to be condensed into one book. Find the file and hang onto it you may need to do a paper for high school or college someday and that would make an interesting topic.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
I don't think you'll do much better at it then the people at Bell did. Check this link:

https://www.orioninfopro.com/telecom/BSP/KEY-SERVICE-I.pdf

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
I still have Volume 1 in hardcopy...not in very good condition, but it is still readable.

Dean

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,791
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,116 Shoretel
188,988 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (James D., Toner, A2A Networks), 178 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024