web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I bought a NOS 2662 A1MW to use with a 4A speakerphone; at least I thought this was the correct phone to use. The seller even included schematics but it shows only a 3B speakerphone hook-up which I'm not bright enough to figure out to be perfectly honest. Also the schematic lists a 2662AW1 to be used with the 3B. (Right now I still do not have a working KSU either.) I had hoped that I could hook it up to a 4A in a similar manner to a 2565. So here are my questions:
1. Is this the correct 2662 to use with a speakerphone?
2. Can it be used with a 4A or is it limited to a 3B?
3. Is there a special connector to use with the 3B? (Yes, I have a Model 55 control unit)

Bill
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
The 2662 set is, as you said a card dialer. All the prints I have for hooking it up are to a type 3 Speakerphone.

By the time type 4 Speakerphones came out, Weco was no longer (to my knowledge) pushing the card dialer and had moved to the Touchamatic.

I was not an AT&T employee, so I didn't hook up many of either of these two phones. I imagine the phone can be used with a 4A, but as I lack any prints for a 4A I really can't even point you in the right direction.

Hopefully one of the Bell System guys will stop by and give you better information.

According to the prints I have, there's no "special" connector needed to hook up a 3B. The prints show IW (Inside Wire) from the 55 control unit to a 66E block (used instead of a an amphenol so you have access to wiring from the set) to pick up the Violet pairs and A1 ground and then more IW to a 44 block (a larger version of the 42 block used to connect single line phones- any terminal block will do) to connect the transmitter, receiver and power supply.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Right on, Sam. With the 223A adapter (hard-wired), you can pretty much connect a 4A to any real phone. Bill, if you can get your hands on one of those bad boys, I can probably back into the schematics to get you working.

Arthur, Arthur...........Where are you? Stuck in traffic on the "Island" again?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Thanks, guys, I hope...Ev, you say any "real phone" can be hooked up to a 4A, but you can't hook up a 2564 to a 4A, can you? Doesn't a 4A require a special dial?

Bill
Sam's right, the 4-type was introduced after the Card Dialers were MD'd. However, generally, if a phone is designed to accommodate a 3-type, a 4-type will work, too.

With that said, we need to determine if the 2662 has enough leads and the correct dial to take a speakerphone.

My Station Specialties handbooks are in the barn. I'm nice and warm next to the woodstove, reading a great book, with Mr. Cat ("The Royal Crotch Warmer") on my lap.

When I get the courage to venture out there through the snow, I'll get the info we need.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

OP Offline
Thank you Arthur. I hope that will be in the near future as we don't have a warming trend yet here in Indiana. Here's another question related to all this. I can hook up a 4A without a KSU, and I don't mean with just a 2500S, as long as I use the proper components and a POTS line. Have never gotten the 3B to work, but then I do not have a KSU operational yet and the schematic seems to require one. Is this true, or is a POTS line enough, but I'm just not hooking it up correctly?

Bill
No KSU needed. The functions of the various spkrphns just duplicate the functions of a standard tel set with the handset hung up.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

OP Offline
OK, thanks, I will try to get my 3B going. Will let you know if I have any luck.

Bill

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 188 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024