web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Online Content
ANA is automatic number anouncement. Most of your carriers use it. When you hear "I see your calling from XXX-XXX-XXXX that's ANA.

Retired phone dude
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Ahh I got it now, thanks for the clarification Bill. So ANA is essentially an automated service that uses ANI to read back your telephone number. Around here I've always seen it labelled ANAC but I suppose that 'C' just means circuit.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
Online Content
ANAC is what you dial into to get the scoop direct from the office switch, most lecs won't give you that number anymore. ANA basically see's the CID and repeats it back to you. If thats not correct I'm sure someone will correct me. laugh

Retired phone dude
ANA is the announcement that occurs when you dial the code. It can be 958, 9580, or some other set of digits. It is a function of the serving CO.

It has nothing to do with CID. CID is FSK that is sent towards the called party during the silent interval between the first two rings by the completing CO.

The phonenut was trying to identify one of two lines by observing whether or not it had a custom calling feature. With CID, the easiest and quickest way to ID a line, if you don't know the ANA code, is to call your cell phone from the suspect line.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Online Content
Then I agree with hacky. I call that the ANAC. I thought you were talking about the call announcement almost all LEC's and LD carriers use, which is based on the incoming CID.

EDIT: to add all the 958 CO codes are long gone around here and other areas I've worked in. It's now either an office code other than 958 or a toll free number that needs a password. Some of the milliwatts and quiet terms remain but that's about it.

Retired phone dude
There's a 1K test tone number that still works out of the CO near my house.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
The 958 code still works here in NJ for Verizon CO's. Also the old automatic ringback code works as well (I'm not sure what it is officially called.)

When I was 13 a NJ Bell tech came to my parent's house to repair the static on their line (water in the splice boot.) The guy let me tag along and watch him, and he showed me the automatic ringback number that the techs used. From my parent's exchange you would dial 551 Then you would "flash" the line and hear a steady tone. Once you got the tone you would hang up, and a few seconds later the CO would ring you back. He told me that the exchange code would vary from 550 to 554 depending on the exchange you were calling from. I never found out how or why, but this works for my exchange using 553. Both of these things have proven to be very useful over the years.

Lou

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Here in Brooklyn the ringback code was "660 6".

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION!

Come on, guys!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
These are obsolete codes, for the most part. You can go back and delete the references in my posts, if you want to.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024