web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#488731 02/17/06 02:03 AM
OP Offline
This isn't anything major, but for some reason I can't reach a persons voice mail in office when just letting it ring.

I actually have to press VM to reach his voicemail. I thought it was the number of rings changed, but I can't find that option...so knowing that would be of help in the future. But I dont think this is my problem.

When I dial this extension from the outside, his voicemail picks up fine. Is there an option to turn this function on/off for internal calls?

Any help greatly appreciated!

yes, look at these 3 thing is he in dnd? do you guys set cfwd by your phones? all answres are in rmp under extention applictations, preset fowards, ?paths? you can have it so icm or co or tranfred calls go to voicemail and under what conditions it goes to path a,b,or c busy, no answer,dnd,direct and just to make it fun you have day and night. next look at your vm if protege voice which you have a ltx so you should, you can set under mailboxes not to transfrer just to right into vm. good luck

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Servicing the North Bay
Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Lake, San Francisco, Mendocino
ESI, Avaya, Star2Star,and Toshiba Installer
If you hit the 7 key while his phone is ringing it should send you to his voice mail. He probably doesn't have a icm fwd path sent. I usually don't sent one. Also if you have Voice announce set you can hit the 2 key and make the phone ring then you could hit the 7 key to send to voice mail.

OP Offline
The VM will pick up if an outside caller rings in, thats what is throwing me off. And I've told people to use 7 to reach his VM till I fix this problem. My manuals don't cover anything like this, so I have no idea where to go in the phone options.

I found something about ICM under Function 95, but don't know what to do with it. This phone system is so annoying!

You would have to log into the system to make the change. You could do Function 2 n_ans and then it will ask co icm or co/icm on the soft keys. It will then ask for the time and then the time for the seecond missed call just make then the same to avoid more questions.

Steps Function 2, f3, f1, (hunt group number for voice mail), f1(ICM,CO), f3(timer), f2(next),
f3(second timer), clear

Hope this is a display phone.
Do you have the RMP software to log into the system?

OP Offline
No software. Only thing I can do is log in as admin through the phone. The phone he is using isnt display, so I will probably just tell him to live with it :p

Try this for nondisplay phone....

Function 24, then voice mail hunt group number, then 2 (all calls), receive confirmation tone, the 12 (for timer can be 14,16,18), then 12 again for the second timer, receive confirmation tone.

Problems do Function 20 cancels all call forwards set at the phone.

OP Offline
Before I try this, thought I should post an update:

All are phones are acting this way. I had to do a reset of the phone system a little while back(just unpluged the cord from the sprint box). Could that have caused all this?

All outsider calls reach the voicemail, but no internal calls can. Is the a problem I can fix throught the phone administration? If so, step-by-step please!

My phone is display, if that helps make anything easier.

Thanks!

You can set a forward path by logging into the system or by doing it at the phone. The phone overides the path set internal by logging into system. The voice mail could be set to do a supervised transfer meaning it keeps hold of the call until its timer tells it to send the call to voice mail. That sounds like what is happening as you said if you call voice mail internal and then dial his extension it rings his phone then goes to voice mail.

get into rmp, i would set a cfwd on a phone function 2, no/answer, 430(vm), icm/co. then call it if it goes into vm do function20 (cancel). if you reset the system you lost button mapping?

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Servicing the North Bay
Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Lake, San Francisco, Mendocino
ESI, Avaya, Star2Star,and Toshiba Installer

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (dans, Toner, Curlycord), 106 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024