web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#489562 08/06/07 05:41 PM
GTech Offline OP
OP Offline
Greetings, I changed the system admin on the ucmc to extension 401 and now I can't log in as administrator and the default pw. Has anyone remedied this problem before?

Thanks!

I did, I stoped selling this crap smile

If yo don't already know, the owner, Ron has steped down and is removing himself from the picture. When Ron bought this company (the USA Division) he thought he could turn it around, the first step was to allign himself with Sprint, that was a total failure.

If I was you I would not continue to sell this product, reson being is the future of Tadiran is up in the air, have you noticed all the recent incentives to buy their products?

Have you also noticed that key people have moved on to other places?

IMHO, Tadiran is a sinking ship that I jumped off of 6 months ago.

The product itself is pretty good, as a matter of fact I would say it is great (the Coral not the POS Ice system), the company itself leaves a lot to be desired.

Just my 2C

Walter

Walter,

Ron stepping down is something that has been in the works for a very long time. It was not a surprise that it happened. He really irritated the powers that be in Israel when the Sprint issue came to light. Tadiran has been in the business for a very long time. They are not going anywhere. If they do anything the ICE system will go away which would not hurt my feelings. Were you a full blown Tadiran dealer or just selling the ICE? Also, isnt the ICE just a comdial system and if so I don't hear too many issues from the Comdial dealers. If I had the money to go out on my own the first system I would try to become a dealer would be the Tadiran. The flexibility of this system has not been matched by any system. I work for a company that has an NEC SV7000 with IPS2000's at the remote sites. I can honestly say I wish all were Tadiran's because it such a more solid system..

I am a full blown dealer, as mentioned the Coral is a good solid product and in a very large applications, 100 or more phones it has it's place. My post was more directed to the Ice product, which is made by T-Com. T-Com does make the Comdial, and the Comdial does not have the same problems as the ICE. T-Com also made the Sprint Protege which is a system I like, and had many problems in the early years. T-Com also makes a Vodavi system.

Comdial has a working cordless phone as does Vodavi, but the ice does not. Bottom line is that I believe that Tadiran does not have the same clout with T-Com that Sprint had and Vodavi and Comdial have. Therefore the Ice is not a priority with T-Com.

My office is less than 30 minutes away from Tadiran, with out airing dirty laundry I can surely tell you they have problems.

IMO, Tadiran will never go belly up, but I do see a change of hands in their future.

"The flexibility of this system has not been matched by any system."

Not true IMHO, the ESI blows them away, price wise, and ease of use not to mention features. The only feature Tadiran has over tthe ESI is the cordless options and Flexi-Call.

Where ESI shines is it is easy to program (new install, much more user friendly than Tadiran, Help feature) Also as an owner of a business it is much easier and less expensive to have my people trained with ESI than Tadiran.

Where Tadiran will shine over the ESI is intallations (single site) that has more than 300 phones. If we are networking sites, 100 phones here and 200 phones there, then ESI is the winner.

I can sell an ESI for the same amount of money that it costs me (my cost, no profit) for the Tadiran.

On the sales end, ESI has a demo kit that blows away all other manufactures. My sales people can demonstrate every feature an give them hands on experience, Tadiran does not have that.

Tadiran is much better than Avaya, Norstar, NEC, Panasonic, Toshiba and all other big name brands, but in my experience as of today, ESI beats them on features and price. When the day is done, the consumer would be a nut not to go with ESI.

Walter

Having been a Tadiran and ESI dealer for 15 years I cannot for the life of me see how you come to that conclusion. You must not have a good Tadiran demo kit then. ESI is feature lite in comparison to Tadiran..and multi site networking you have to be kidding me. The ARS on the ESI is a frigging joke and a 911 nightmare. Is the ESI a good system...hell ya. IS it comparable to the Tadiran?..hell no. Tadiran beats it cold in VOIP, NETWORKING, SCALEBILITY, RELIABILITY, ACD APPS (Call Center), VOICEMAIL (the WICMC blows away the ESI). Sorry you have had issue with the ICE but then again the ICE really isn't a Tadiran product even though it was re-branded. I have issues with Tadiran that I won't go into here but I can safely say the ESI isn't in the same league or class as the Tadiran by far. If it was we wouldn't be selling other systems. If one system could do it all and do it well at a good price everyone would probably be selling that system. We carry ESI, NEC and Tadiran for very good and important reasons. My ESI customers LOVE their systems because they are correct for THEIR apps. The same with Tadiran and NEC.

We stepped away from the ICE after what I saw were GLARING issues and they were not adressing it.

CoralTech,

How would you rate the NEC against the Tadiran Coral series? I am working for a company that has an SV7000,PCA, CCworx, AD-120 (kinesis) and Openworx. the SV7000 is networked with many other locations that have IPS2000's using CCIS protocol. Seems the CTI and apps servers have many issues that NEC doesnt seem to know what's going on with them. Do you like the NEC product and how would you rate them with other systems?

The NEC Aspire is a good solid mid sized system. It does VERY well in mid-sized apps and is very price competetive. We got tired of losing 40-60 phone systems to other companies simply on price. Let's face it MOST people don't want email/fax server integration. They simply want a phone system that has voicemail and works all the time and it easy to use. NEC as a company has their sh*t together. They know how to market and how to support the product. I mean, all the software updates are free...HTF is that for service?

"Having been a Tadiran and ESI dealer for 15 years I cannot for the life of me see how you come to that conclusion."

Which conclusion?

Walter

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Vodavi's relationship with T-Comm was very short lived with their DHS system. It only lasted a few years until Vodavi realized how bad it was and discontinued it. Their multi-line and single-line cordless phones have nothing to do with the T-Comm product line; the DHS family never had a cordless.

Vodavi is giving T-Comm another try with their "Xcelerator" system that is a very small IP system.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
GTech Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey guys! My question was about the Emerald, but the problem is corrected.

My company is only authorized to resell the Emerald and have tried to gain access to the Coral products, but have been denied by the RSM. I have worked on the Coral product since 97'. I have customers up and down my state with Coral's and they love the product. Numerous attempts to Tadiran's RSM have fallen on deaf ears to have us become authorized resellers. Since 97' up until this very day I "toot" Tadiran's prowess, but years of building relationship and putting our clients first has gone a long way. Needless to say, my company's value added services and our precision focus on execution is paying off. We are in the process of replacing our legacy Tadiran client database ( we probably have as much Tadiran clients than the authorized resellers, if not more and probably know more about the system than the resellers do out here) with today's VoIP solutions.

I don't know what is going on with Tadiran's management, but VP Grindy left and now Bregman. My take is that the end user's true voice have been forgotten or ignored, but that is only my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Professor Shadow, ronaldjamesh, justbill), 67 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024