web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#489619 09/21/07 02:13 PM
OP Offline
ok. well we got a buidling a while back and would you know it came with this coral 2 phone system. the modle number is 440840610. But i am having some problems. first i will ask just some jeneral questions. On the sys. there is the power input. so it is pt13 sgnd, pt12 +vin, and pt11 -vin. I think it is just + - and ground but can some one clear how i should connect it. Next on the two power converters. the rps and pps. there are eather a tp1, tp2. and rtn. What does they mean? also the adjustment screws, are they for power or what? i sope some one here can help

I highly suggest getting a trained tech in to help you. From your post you are WAY over your head..and messing with power supplies like that could be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

Originally posted by Coral Tech:
I highly suggest getting a trained tech in to help you. From your post you are WAY over your head..and messing with power supplies like that could be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.
You will be way over your head if you are a 25 year tech in this field.

Tadiran is not a product you can pick up a book and fumble through too make it work.

Walter

OP Offline
well i have nothing to lose. i think the pps is destroyed. when we got the building it was kinds set up. i turned the power on to the power supply and nothing. i took the pps out and the rps did turn on. since this is not ours we do not need it. i was just working on it as a project. So we do not want to get a tech guy out. as you could probably tell it is the pps. but i will just ask this. i believe (cant look at it right now) but the power source puts out 52V dc i think. the first power card. the one that changed the 52 or what ever it is to a voltage it can handle, i think it is the rps, works. if i take the pps out. else none of them will turn on. like i said we dont want to spend money on it. if we get it to work, great if not, we dont need it. We think the company left it because they broke it but if you think it could be something worth trying just name it.

also i asked what the power settup was just beacause i think the setup was really weard. i looked in the brealer box and it was set up like this

Code
+---------+
         |
+---------(ground?)
- --------- -
i think that was the setup. i dont know why but there was a connector connectiog 2 pluses together.

Originally posted by brianmay27:

...well i have nothing to lose.... wink

Beside your life and any user of that system in the building,
yes you do not have nothing to lose.

If the system is operatable (yet) you can lose the money you can save by reviving it back to work.
call

_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |
__|_\m/__(-_-)___\m/|_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ __ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |
_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |
I cannot believe this individual is not going to listen and play around with a Loraine DC power supply without ANY electrical training or concept thereof. I hope your health and life insurance are paid up.

OP Offline
are you guys going to help me or not? we dont want to pay beacause we already have a phone system and are happy with it. if we do get it to work we can use it as a router or give everyone a phone. And yes i dont technecaly have a electrical traning but i have been messing around with electrical stuff. i say i have a good knolage. i would have a electrical knolage but i lyed about my age here... i am really 15. and yes i do have permision to destory it more or fix it.

Originally posted by brianmay27:
are you guys going to help me or not? we dont want to pay beacause we already have a phone system and are happy with it. if we do get it to work we can use it as a router or give everyone a phone. And yes i dont technecaly have a electrical traning but i have been messing around with electrical stuff. i say i have a good knolage. i would have a electrical knolage but i lyed about my age here... i am really 15. and yes i do have permision to destory it more or fix it.
Wow, what more needs to be said. May I make a suggestion? I would not worry about the Coral at all if I were you. I would HEAVILLY suggest you go to school and take classes in english. This is not meant to disrespect you here at all. If you continue to spell and write like that you aren't going to make it very far in the world.

Again, the Tadiran is a very sophisticated phone system. A guy with 20 years in the business without proper training cannot only really hurt themselves and others but, could ruin a perfectly good PBX.

The best help "I" can give you is get a certified Tadiran tech in to look at it and help you.

Good Luck.

OP Offline
ok thanks for trying. and yes i am bad at spelling. and yet i do ok in english. dont know why a stink but it is a problem i have

WOW. this was an interesting thread... I guess there are a few of these every now and again..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024