web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
dendiko - there could be several factors in play. your ISP do they impose any restrictions on VoIP (for example disallow certain port numbers) We use Verizon FIOS at one of our sites and they prevent VoIP ports from working. The problem you are seeing on the FW is the same thing we saw on the router using NAT and the CP's it all appears to be working according to the policy and rules however no communication. Not all applications can use NAT effectively. What we ended up doing is placing the Tadiran UGW/PUGW cards in front of the FWs. so we have an aggregation switch where everything is parallel plug a router into one of the ports and build crypto maps and the remote users have a low end Cisco router like a 8XX model. This works fine. Via ACL's if implemented correctly your router won;t even show up in a scan so your PBX and equipment will be fine. Also It keeps voice/data separate at the point of entry to your network, and the tunnels meets any compliance issues an auditor can think up.

Adrian
Without the sentinel you will need either a VPN or the UGW (CUGW or PUGW) on 2 public IP addresses. One for the media gateway the other for the signalling. I have never found a way around this the way you are trying to do it. Also, if you DO put the UGW on the public side only ONE phone will work from another Public IP. If you try and use 2 phones on that remote public IP they will not work. If you have remote phones (etc) nothing beats the sentinel.

Hi Adrian and Coral Tech thanks for the advice. It looks using 2 IP for the signal and Media on IPXOffice system is the main problem for the Firewall to figure out and seems Sentinel is the ultimate solution. This is different with such as Asterix which use only 1 IP.

Before giving up on this, I will do one more shot to put the UGW outside using 2 public IP. How do I set the UGW with Public IP? The current setting for the signaling and media IP addr, netmask and gateway are set for internal IP (192.168.10.200 and 192.168.10.201) and for the Global IP, I dont see setting for netmask and gateway.
If I change the current Internal IP to Public, then how to set the internal IP netmask and gateway. Do I need to use Global IP for the internal?
Is the UGW lan port located the one in the front?

Is the STUN server or SIP Proxy can be use to replace Sentinel? Sentinel still to expensive expensive.

Thanks
Dendiko

Are you using this card for internal IP phones? If so you are going to lose those phones doing this FYI. All the setup info for your CUGW card is done via the PI on a terminal via telnet or serial connection. You MUST be careful doing this if you are using a SIP seamail and suggest you get a certified Tadiran tech in to do this.

I am using IPXOffice, The phone vendor (certified Tadiran tech) was set that way, the UGW IP was set using my internal private network and the Global was to other private ip that wasnt my network.
Is that the way standard setup?
I'll not do then if you think will ruin the setup. By theway, I use hyperterminal with tcp port to use PI.
What about STUN/SIP proxy, is this help?

thanks
Dendiko

Are you using a seamail SIP voicemail and are you using SIP/MGCP VOIP phones internally? You are attempting to do something from a routing standpoint that I do not think is possible with NAT translation. Signalling and voice are TWO different things. Signalling is done via TCP/IP stacks and the actual media is all UDP. This is actually more typical than you think. The problem is the way you are thinking through this. The actual call control is done on the signalling port BUT the phone MUST be able to communicate freely via an addressable IP to the remote phone on the media side that controls the tear down and up of the voice channels on the media gateway. FYI I have 2 customers now that went Asterisk and Avaya and are crying for their Tadiran to be put back in because of the sentinel capabilities and ease of use for remote phones and the reliability and call quality.

I actually have a 30 channel sentinel in my house on my old Coral SL that works flawlessly. It wasn't that expensive.

Hi Coral Tech,
Im sorry, its been awhile not to check.
Your ultimate solution looks much better and Sentinel is the only way for those outside client.
How expensive is your sentinel, can you send me in private? Do you think is doable for me to install with your guidence?

Thanks for your help

You will need a certified Tadiran dealer to help you locally I am afraid. If you are version 16 you want to be on a sentinel PRO for sure as it supports SIP. Pricing is never discussed on the forum as per guidelines. You will definitely want a tech on site helping you through this.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,289 Shoretel
188,175 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (MooreTel), 74 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024