web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#491974 04/25/07 12:41 PM
ttech Offline OP
Moderator-NEC
OP Offline
Moderator-NEC
Al Gore Invented the Internet, Now Verizon is Trying To Patent It
Link Here

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#491975 04/30/07 03:53 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Got this in a email

Dear Vonage Customer:

Vonage invites you to be among the first to join a new grassroots campaign aimed at preserving your right to choose your phone service. We’re launching a national movement – Free to Compete – because we believe marketplace competition is good, and we want consumers to have a choice. To learn the facts and find out how you can help preserve competition and your right to choose your phone service, please visit FreeToCompete.com.

Since the day we opened our doors, our mission has been to provide consumers with an alternative to the services offered by entrenched landline phone providers. In our five short years, we've gone head-to-head with many of these industry giants, and amassed 2.4 million customer lines with our innovative technology, cool features and value pricing.

You may have heard that Verizon® is suing us over patents they say we violated. Verizon has pursued litigation against Vonage in an effort to achieve in court what it cannot achieve in the marketplace. The suit could result in limiting competition and consumers' freedom to choose a communications provider, which could ultimately drive up the cost of phone service. Vonage will continue fighting this attempt to limit your choice, while ensuring that you continue to receive the reliable, quality service you've come to expect.

As our customers, you are the most passionate and effective spokespeople we have. Let your voice be heard by visiting FreeToCompete.com where you can:

1. Send an email to Verizon telling them you support Vonage
as they defend your right to a better phone service
2. Sign our Petition
3. Learn the facts of the case
4. Spread the word

We hope you'll join us in taking up this important challenge by visiting FreeToCompete.com. Together, let's move the battle for free competition and choice in the phone industry out of the courts and back into the marketplace!

And thank you for choosing Vonage.

Regards,

Jeffrey Citron
Chairman, Interim CEO and Chief Strategist

#491976 04/30/07 10:44 AM
Send an email to Verizon telling them you support Vonage
as they defend your right to a better phone service.

There's an oxymoron if ever I heard one. Only reason they have any customers is because they are cheap, certainly not because they provide better service. When they realize they will have to pay the piper like the real phone companies they squeal like pigs.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#491977 04/30/07 12:00 PM
Thanks for sharing your email, Steve. I'm no big fan of Verizon, but I'm certain that they are enjoying this desperate and distasteful tactic by Vonage. For a company to invite it's customer base to directly participate in it's legal quarrels, regardless of who is right or wrong, is what I would characterize as bashing your competitors. Vonage needs to keep this in their conference rooms and in the courtroom, and far away from their customers.

#491978 04/30/07 12:32 PM
Couldn't agree more with what both Mike and Hal said.

Retired phone dude
#491979 05/31/07 08:06 AM
I havent seen too many Vonage commercials since this came to light. I wonder if it is court ordered not to run commercials...

#491980 05/31/07 08:20 AM
That certainly would make sense. If there is the strong possibility they may go under they shouldn't be allowed to take any more than they already have down with them.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#491981 06/02/07 02:53 AM
This court case was won by Verizon back in March. Ordered to pay Verizon 58 million and 5.5% premium. On April 6 a federal court in Alexandria, Virginia, barred Vonage from adding new customers while it appeals the patent infringement finding. However, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has stayed the injunction while Vonage appeals the case.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 111 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024