Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Let's not turn this into a political issue! wink

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

AT&T's Uverse TV and Internet is awesome in my opinion. I've been waiting for a service other than Comcast and Dish.. They will certainly have to stick a bunch of Money into their network if they are to stay on the cutting edge of Technology.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
The "Global Warming" will expand the Internet. After all, Al Gore said he invented the Internet, and the way he goes on about "Global Warming", it shouldn't be too long before he lays claim to the name if not the affect. Too bad it's all a bunch of Political Dung. Last year the average global temp was DOWN 0.7 degrees Centigrade. Temp has dropped every year for the last 10. But, nobody mentions that, do they. John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OK, One more time politely.... Please do not attempt to make this discussion a political foot ball!

Please keep on topic.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I'll second that Bobby! :thumb:

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
this is great opportunity for a developer that understands networking. we have used very expensive appliances for acceleration and compression for our websites between offices, here is a link to a developer working on building an open source program https://trafficsqueezer.sourceforge.net/ if one could build a program that everyone started using for acceleration and compression we wouldn't need near the bandwidth. that goes for Windows and Linux.

if most people realized the amount of bandwidth that corporations have and use it would surprise most. The internet isn't as complicated as AT&T would make it sound, really it's just a bunch of routers inter-connected, that's all. The bandwidth is one thing but for IPv4 those same corporations have a crazy amount of space.

Adrian
MacOSX Offline OP
Moderator-Toshiba
OP Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally posted by adrianw:
this is great opportunity for a developer that understands networking. we have used very expensive appliances for acceleration and compression for our websites between offices, here is a link to a developer working on building an open source program https://trafficsqueezer.sourceforge.net/ if one could build a program that everyone started using for acceleration and compression we wouldn't need near the bandwidth. that goes for Windows and Linux.

if most people realized the amount of bandwidth that corporations have and use it would surprise most. The internet isn't as complicated as AT&T would make it sound, really it's just a bunch of routers inter-connected, that's all. The bandwidth is one thing but for IPv4 those same corporations have a crazy amount of space.
Great post and info, Thanks!

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
There are many ways around these sorts of capacity issues. I've heard a lot of things for instance.

You can now buy .us.com domain names. they can do that to no end. (.us.net; .us.org; etc)

How bout this.. the 127.0.0.1 LocalHost Address.
Its actually a local host address Block..

if there was a way to free those Ips up. Theres a million or so.

There are still network blocks that are reserved by the internic as far as I new. I was at SBC and we obtained a new netblock and we had influx of calls because the blocks were not propogating.

I personally oppose IPv6 .. only.. if i have to start calculating subnets in Hexidecimal I am gonna Fart... all day long.

wow i didnt really read that article..

um.. Its a good push by AT&T to encourage others companies to expand the Internet backend.

Although they were pretty instumental in removing that capacity from CLECs like North Point Communication in the early 2000's! !! The largest Nationwide Digital Network.

Call Verizon. Say .. we need more Trunks!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,350 Shoretel
188,999 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ashley), 106 guests, and 390 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024