Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#511561 01/29/08 07:43 PM
SST Offline OP
OP Offline
Dear Verizon,

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!

Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to have my time wasted over something so trivial, so menial, so many times? After all it’s only one stinking little MB, one POTS line, it’s on copper; you’ve been doing this for about a hundred years. How hard can it be? Okay, so you “want to save the customer money” by not dispatching a tech to install one little line. So, engineering says, hey we can just assign it to the last cable pair assigned to that address and suite number. Well, that makes sense to me too. But what if nothing is marked in the 1.1? What if it’s a 300 pair cable head? What if half the tags on said cable head are abandoned?

Oh, I know just give the BP’s I’ll find that little line, I’m standing at the cable head now. What? You don’t have that information? You’ll have to dispatch tomorrow? Between the hours of 9-5? And someone better be there to open the Telco room? Well I’ve been over every tag on this cable head and checked all existing cross connect to the suites old D-marc. I’ll make my self available tomorrow.

Well now it’s tomorrow. It’s 4:30. Hello 611 repair? When is your tech going to be here? Well we see the tech that had it gave to another tech at 2:45. Okay where is he? Well, I don’t know, I don’t know who he is. Well can we find out? There’s only half an hour left in the commit time, I wouldn’t expect him to show up at 4:59. Well he has until six. I thought the commit time was until five. No that is the hours you are open. The commit time is until six. Huh? That’s not acceptable; you need to get him here now! Okay, I’ll expedite, it he’ll be there ASAP.

Hello, 611 repair? Yes it’s me again. It’s 5:40. Is your tech going to be here? No, the commit time is for tomorrow between the hours of 9-5. WHAT! WHY HAVE I BEEN HERE FOR HOURS WAITING?....... I’m sorry, I have other calls to take…CLICK..

Hello 611 repair?! It’s 5:45. I was told today until five, why am I sill waiting, why did your last customer rep hang up on me?.............Yes, I know how sorry you are…… Hello?.... Hello?.... HELLO? ARE YOU STILL THERE?.... Hello…….?

Hello 611 repair? It’s 6:05. Where is the tech? Why did you hang up on me? Why was another call disconnected? Yes, I know you’re sorry. Yes, I’d love to speak to a supervisor. Hi Lisa…….. Oh, surprise, this is a missed commitment. Oh, you’ll expedite it for tomorrow between the hours of 9 to noon and someone better be there……Can you give me the BP’s and we’ll call it even? Oh, You don’t have that information?.............

Sincerely,

ARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!

Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Hello 611 repair, it's 5:00 and I haven't seen your tech. What, he was here at 10:22 and repaired and tagged the line? But I was here all day, he never came in the phone closet, and the line still isn't tagged...

What do you mean tomorrow between 9-5! Hello, hello?

You gotta give Verizon credit, at least they are consistant. From Ca. to Pa. they are a screwed up mess. They only hope is to keep bombing the FCC with complaints.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
In the '60s I moved into a basement apartment in Brooklyn and ordered a phone. NY Tel said that they'd be there Wednesday between 8 & 5. I take off and wait at home for the installer who shows up at about 2 and hands me a card with a date next week and a note that says "Sorry we can't complete your order today because of....." NO CABLE is written in.

Now I'm in the intercom business and I say to myself "how dumb, they ran out of wire in the locker."

To cut the story short, this went on for months. Every week they postpone the install for another week with the note NO CABLE. At this point they're not even ringing the bell, just sticking the note under the door and running away.

I called up to complain and sat on hold from 4:15 till 5:10. At 5:10 when someone picked up I started yelling. The lady who picked up said: "I'm the cleaning woman, they've all gone home." I yelled so much she got the night repair foreman on the pohone. He explained that there were no pairs available in the whole neighborhood and there were no plans to rewire for the next 5-10 years.

Then why give me the stupid dates they wern't going to keep and make me take off to wait for the installer who wasn't coming?

He explained that they were obligated by the PSC to give me a date for installation. They just weren't obligated to keep it.

Somethings never change.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Just two weeks ago: I ordered an additional line for my office/house. Verizon guy actually shows up within the time period. My truck is parked in the driveway. I tell him to put it on the red/blue pair in the 12 pair aerial. He asks me did I put a meter on it? "No, it doesn't go anywhere", I replied. "Never been used". Then I mentioned that there also should be plenty of spare pairs in that terminal up there now with everybody switching to FIOS. He hands me his buzzer so he doesn't have to go inside and grumbles because he has to get his ladder off the truck.

That done he takes off to the cross box several blocks away. About an hour later he returns and says that they never gave him a pair from the CO. It's all cut through and the frame girl needs to take care of it during the overnight. I give him his buzzer back.

Now I figure that by the next morning that line should be working. Nope. Not the next day either. I call and find out that the job has been closed out. I start a new ticket, another appointment. Another guy shows up at the door and says that the problem is in the CO. "Yeah, I know, the frame girl needs to do her job." A few hours later the line is now working and I get a call from the "frame girl" to confirm.

Now the only problem is the hunting has not been changed and that will take yet another three days...

All in all not bad by Verizon standards but imagine if I were a mere mortal... :bang:

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
SST,Having been burned so many times which i pass on to customer.I now no longer arrive on same day of install for new service from Verizon. I schedule work for following day and ask customer to call me if Verizon tech is no show,I also ask for AM install always{50/50 shot in the dark}.For a port over or transfer of service I arrive on day of install and usually have enough finish work to keep me busy,But once work is done the clock starts again on billing.
Sam about 4 yrs. ago my house line went out and i called Verizon for repair and for a week they said tomorrow, every day no show, So called Pa.Public utilities and they asked me how many times i called and Verizon's answer. VERY NICE people there,75 minutes later a truck was in the driveway and Verizon gave me credit for loss of service for 1 week.I now give this number to customers who have problems which usually are chronic in nature{same problem} and documented by either us or customer.
John

Not verizon because they aren't in SD but Qwest out here is smooth. On the farm I did my own power and phone from the road, called Qwest to get my service hooked up, they don't actually have people you speak with in SD. So first a call to Minn then to Utah where they tell me it will be about three weeks before anyone can get there. Next day a tech was in town (don't actually have many techs around either) he saw the order and was out my direction so stopped just to take a look. He says oh you got the line buried, yep so he plants a ped mounts the box checks the dt says have a nice day and is gone. Qwest calls once a week for the next month to apologize that it is taking so long and offers to give me a cell phone to use in the mean time. They were calling my house. I would get a bill and for three months there was no balance. Now that's a smooth operation there.

Hey Jacktel would you PM me that number and any tricks you use on the phone with the Pa. PUC.
Thanks in Advance!
Mark

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Originally posted by MNCommunications:
Not verizon because they aren't in SD but Qwest out here is smooth. On the farm I did my own power and phone from the road, called Qwest to get my service hooked up, they don't actually have people you speak with in SD. So first a call to Minn then to Utah where they tell me it will be about three weeks before anyone can get there. Next day a tech was in town (don't actually have many techs around either) he saw the order and was out my direction so stopped just to take a look. He says oh you got the line buried, yep so he plants a ped mounts the box checks the dt says have a nice day and is gone. Qwest calls once a week for the next month to apologize that it is taking so long and offers to give me a cell phone to use in the mean time. They were calling my house. I would get a bill and for three months there was no balance. Now that's a smooth operation there.
That's largely due to the fact that SD doesn't have anything close to the "inner city" attitude that we do in major cities. "It ain't my job" is the attitude around here. They are polite in their delivery, but that's the overall gist of a typical transaction with Verizon (Bell Atlantic areas for the most part). GTE territories aren't nearly as bad, but they are more rural in this area and their people have a better attitude.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
This is true, we're still a lil backwoods out here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,739
Posts636,410
Members49,618
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
Salman Imtiaz, SayWhat, Tariq
Newest Members
Homer Domer, Lane, AMS Technology C, Chrontel, RonZ1971
49,617 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
jsaad 7
Toner 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 123 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022