Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#511992 07/07/08 10:09 PM
OP Offline
I called VZ Government Accounts today to arrange a T&F order moving two POTS lines from one local government building to another one, about a mile down the road. The T end is the Town Court building, where there are several POTS and CTX lines already working. Shelter Island is...well...an island, and has its own office code, (749-) located in the GReenport7 C.O. We have always had SHelterisland9, and always will.

The rep took a few minutes, and then came back on the line and said that she had been consulting with the line-assignment dept. who had given her the bad news that we could, indeed, have our lines moved , but that we'd need to have the numbers changed, because the T address falls outside our rate center.

I explained as politely as possible that she was full of it. No amount of begging, pleading, cajoling, or threatening worked. I even offered to tell her about the other 4 or 5 lines that already work in that building, all in the 749 exchange. She wouldn't budge.

On Thursday, the installer will arrive, and call me to get him access to the building, and I will ensure that the installation is done properly. It will be an interesting morning, I think.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
#511993 07/07/08 10:30 PM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Yikes... sounds like them's fightin' words!

wink

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
#511994 07/08/08 04:02 AM
KLD Offline
"Stupid does as stupid is" I believe, to paraphrase the quote ......

mad :scratch:

Ken
---------
#511995 07/08/08 03:09 PM
nearly ten years ago i managed the ACDs (Aspect) for most of the Verizon TBIC call centers and it was a never ending source of amusement to monitor their calls and read the memos posted on the walls... my favourite (i may still have it in my files) was the one forbidding "do rags, knives or guns" on the call center floor. did i mention they hired almost exclusively from the welfare-to-work program?

"There is one thing and only one thing in which it is granted to you to be free in life, all else being beyond your power: that is to recognize and profess the truth." - Leo Tolstoy

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,736
Posts636,401
Members49,615
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
effedisk, hellbender, Pat Amaral, Zip
Newest Members
AMS Technology C, Chrontel, RonZ1971, Michael1948, lllDez
49,615 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
jsaad 7
Toner 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 34 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022