Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
endevortelecom not a good company to sub for #512143 10/13/08 05:29 PM
surdel Offline OP
OP Offline
I think this pdf pretty much sums it up.
https://www.theforcefield.net/jooml...mp;id=1210&catid=171&func=fb_pdf

Some company by the name of endevortelecom advertised in craigslist needing somone to dsl subwork for and I said no problem.

There were a number of issues on there side that were starting to tick me off.

Their geographic knowladge of Canada needed a overhaul. One request would be for me to drive to Prince George and install a DSL. I said what?? Well if you mapquest Vancouver to Prince George that is totally impracticle. I said to hire some one locally in the Prince George area to do the install.

Second and third installs were for Vancouver Island. I said well I have to charge drive time AND Ferry cost involved. Endevor will not pay for any drive time under 45 min.
The dispatcher said we will ask the customer if thay will pay for it. Few hours latter thay agreed.Twenty four hours before the install the endevor tech called and said the customer canceled the install. I said okay thats nice. Two days of pre seceduled lost income.

Last call was for a store in washington state. I extended the dsl signal to the room but one of my biggest complaints is it take 30-45 min waiting on the phone to ask tech support for a question. I was at the Router stage of the install and we spent 3 hours troubelshooting why the endevortech remote NOC technician could not log into the back side of the router. We agreed that a new router was to be shipped to site.

Two days latter I get a call to goto the same site. WO gave a blank description of what needed to be done. I asked and no one at megapath knew the reason.

I get to the site and the new Router was not delivered. Instead a second NOC technican insisted I spend time with her troubelshooting the router. Three house latter no resolv on remote access to the router. I can surf the net with the router but thay could not log into it. The conclusion is thay will be sending out a new Router. Total time troubelshooting same router twice..over six hours.

I called the end of last week to ask if a new router showed up and thay said it showed up week and a half earlier. I was getting emails from them but again, the WO was blank but it did give the customers site name and address.

Basicly to make this short. The new router is at the site, Endevor cannot find my name in the Radius DB so thay could not dispatch me this past weekend or this monday and thay have not called me back to finish the install.

It is perhaps the most discorganized company I have done work for and will not do any more work for them.

EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection
EMP - Click Here!
Re: endevortelecom not a good company to sub for #512144 10/13/08 06:46 PM
arc Offline
They mailed me a really long contract and insisted I initial every page. Then they said my faxes were crooked, so they wanted me to fax everything to them again. That is when I took the hint.

Anyway their proposed compensation was much too low unless the job was nearby and went flawlessly. If the site had pre-existing problems, they expected you to fix everything for free or not get paid.

It's kind of like the billionaire banker bailout. We made a bad deal now you will pay for it so we can still profit.

Ask your doctor, auto mechanic and lawyer to provide you unlimited services for one low, fixed price and see how that goes!

Re: endevortelecom not a good company to sub for #512145 10/14/08 10:14 AM
DJG Offline
They sent me on a DSL Install, The Manager at the site said he thought I would have a new truck with all the latest eqt. on it. He said he was getting charged $350. for me just to show up, and then $225. a Hr. there after, I wish I was getting just a 1/3 of that. They want you to use your truck, gas & tlls, laptop, digital camera, cell phone, all the tools and cable, and they make all the money. But yet, they got guy's in line waiting to do work for them. All it does is get you out of the office for awhile and maybe break even ??? After you wait about 90 days to get paid.

Voice/Data & Cable Contractors, Avaya/Lucent, Nortel and Panasonic Serving Central Fl
Re: endevortelecom not a good company to sub for #512146 10/14/08 11:47 AM
arc Offline
What did you need the digital camera for?

Re: endevortelecom not a good company to sub for #512147 10/14/08 01:30 PM
DJG Offline
They wanted a picture of the work done at the new dmarc. Digital camera, no cell phone pictures. Sent back with w/o and inv.

Voice/Data & Cable Contractors, Avaya/Lucent, Nortel and Panasonic Serving Central Fl
Re: endevortelecom not a good company to sub for #512148 10/14/08 02:48 PM
arc Offline
Sounds like the average job takes four hours from the time you leave to the time you return and for all the paperwork. And you have to pay about $30 out of pocket for mileage, small parts and 90 minutes of cell phone time. And for this they may or may not someday get around to paying you $99. Is that about right?

Re: endevortelecom not a good company to sub for #512149 10/14/08 03:38 PM
DJG Offline
That's about it. Had a dry spell, thought we would try it out, not worth the time and trouble, thank god we got busey again, but I also see guys out there doing vonage installs, and they get anywhere from $35. to $50. an install, no matter how long it takes.I don't know how they do it. The gas has gone down some ($3.31 ) but it's still not worth it.

Re: endevortelecom not a good company to sub for #512150 10/15/08 04:19 AM
luv2ski Offline
I have been doing there vonage installs for a little over a yr now.I had issues at first with long hold times but learned to leave site when complete and close out on rd.Installs take under an hr and i will not travel more than 20 miles to do a job.I have always gotten paid 30 days after there recieved hard copy of work orders.I did get in arguments over hold times but after 5 min in Q i would just leave and close on road.Also had issue with a dispatcher over contract on a travel issue but called into different dispatcher and got it straightened out.Most vonage install are ATA only and cableing is limited to room that ATA is installed.No drilling is allowed per contract so its just staple arround to RJ is same room or tell them to get a multi station cordless system.

Re: endevortelecom not a good company to sub for #512151 04/03/09 07:23 AM
swenson Offline
All I can say is I wish I had read this post before trying to work with endeavor telecom . I did one job and I'm still trying to get paid for it. They cut a check for some of the time but not all. The check they did send says paid in full on it. So if I deposit it I'm afraid that will end any hope of getting the rest of my money.

Re: endevortelecom not a good company to sub for #512152 04/03/09 09:51 PM
RobertF Offline
Originally posted by swenson:
All I can say is I wish I had read this post before trying to work with endeavor telecom . I did one job and I'm still trying to get paid for it. They cut a check for some of the time but not all. The check they did send says paid in full on it. So if I deposit it I'm afraid that will end any hope of getting the rest of my money.
Them putting "Paid in Full" on it means little. The Uniform Commercial Code, section 3-311 addresses this exact topic. Find out how New York interprets that part of the UCC and go from there.

-Robert F
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search

Most Recent 5 Post
Handsfree options. Cics 6.0
by mikemasson123 - 02/28/20 09:23 PM
SV9100 Trunk to Trunk Disconnect
by Johnny Luchador - 02/28/20 06:06 PM
Cabling Tester
by Commshark - 02/28/20 05:30 PM
Samsung Digital Handsets End Of Life
by Aristotelis - 02/27/20 04:14 PM
Voicemail for existing extension not working
by ImNotThePhoneGuy - 02/27/20 03:46 PM
Who's Online Now
44 registered members (Coral Tech, dexman, hbiss, Professor Shadow, gelehu, Yoda, RATHER BE FISHING, Jeroen, Curlycord, nortelvoip, JBean3329, Bushmills, Johnny Luchador, telephonegunner, Mercenary Roadie, mikemasson123, jknichols, jab1780, Aristotelis, Bob3470, DD782, Pinecreekboy, nfcphoneman, Ruben, BTS01, Biztel Cuban Okie Tech, Touch Tone Tommy, www.telcom1.net, Iwatsu Guru, justbill, metelcom, pdxjim911, ImNotThePhoneGuy, Commshark, usedphones, KRRath, mongo5150, CGTech, mike b, vicbob, levi6, MooreTel, Skunky, TelephoneSystemsDirect), 941 guests, and 46 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Popular Topics(Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums94
Topics93,532
Posts634,687
Members49,245
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
Alex053
Newest Members
SeyerIT, dabrownm1, Gerry Lucent, Semicus, kosta543
49245 Registered Users
Get Tech Support Now! Click the banner below
Get Tech Support Now!
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 30
Ruben 25
pvj 17
Jeroen 16
Daniel 15
RESPONSIVE WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT
Bluewater Sailing
Become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=5256033
Buy one Get one FREE when you use PayPal at checkout! Code T28P
Yealink $39.95 Buy one Get one FREE when you use PayPal on checkout! Code T28P
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Servpro Ventura 24-Hour Emergency Service
Free Estimates call us now 24Hours
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2020
Trusted Partners