EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection
EMP - Click Here!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#512182 11/05/08 07:02 PM
OP Offline
It is absolutely amazing how one company can get so many things wrong and do it so consistently. I am afflicted with a syndrome that causes me to see grammar, spelling and other silly mistakes in printing. It is a curse, and a cross I must bear.

The latest? On the Verizon website, I am asked, as a retiree, to access the benefits area by inputting my password and date of birth. That should not be a problem, as I know both of them. In most cases, when a computer asks me for my date of birth, the format is "mm-dd-yyyy" (It used to be sufficient to use "yy" before the Y2K boondoggle).

Here is the format (and a format that I have never seen before) in which they want me to input my date of birth:

"mm-dd-ccyy"

"mm" stands for the month. I was born in the month of March. That translates to "03"

"dd" stands for the day. I was born on the eighteenth day. That translates to "18"

"cc" stands for...what?... maybe "century" ??? I was born in the twentieth century. That translates to "20"

"yy" stands for the last two characters of my birth year. I was born in (nineteen) forty-seven. That translates to "47"

For some reason, when I tell them that I was born on "03-18-2047" they deny me access. Can anyone explain why?

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Linked Banner to your Product or Website
Did you try doing it with 1947? Just wondering...

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
I think Jeff has it. I'd guess the website was designed or programmed in Europe, where mm dd yyyy is their standard format. Maybe other countries as well (India, China?).

cc is century. Here's something google told me:

From what I understand, it is the same thing as YYYY format. The problem with cc is that it is asking for current century, which is 21st, but what was actually meant was first two numbers of current century (I.E. "20" in "2008") Due to this discrepancy, the current version on applications or requests is supposed to read: YYYY, NOT CCYY, because it is very confusing; technically speaking asking for the current century and the year would actually make 2108 (We aren't quite there yet; so just stick with 1980. I hope this helped you.

I too think you're telling it you were born in 2047.

Admin
Online Happy
Admin
c can stand for Hundred so cc should be 1900

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built in the last 10 years don't expect it to work right.
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Arthur, my wife and I have the same silly affliction. It's called a decent education, before the early Nineteen60's. By 1970, the college textbooks were being rewritten to avoid words of more than 2 syllables, and sentences with more than 1 comma! However, it is kind of fun to proofread the daily paper. Fayetteville, NC's paper has fewer errors than Salina, KS's paper had. Or, maybe I need to get a life. smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Advertising Sponsor
Most Recent 5 Post
Officeserv systems can't dial out.
by RM SYSTEMS - 05/12/21 11:55 AM
Samsung Tech Support
by kevinoffsite - 05/10/21 05:41 PM
Saying good by to all the rest of my toshiba
by SSPhone - 05/07/21 04:28 PM
IP Office 500 V2 crash
by Mercenary Roadie - 05/07/21 08:24 AM
Random characters on screen
by dougster - 05/06/21 06:49 PM
Popular Topics (Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums93
Topics94,379
Posts639,668
Members49,456
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
BGarner, crxtion, lamont, S-ROBEY
Newest Members
R&j, Andrea Sau, eos90066, Sonic, ERA
49,456 Registered Users
Get Tech Support Now! Click the banner below
Get Tech Support Now!
defencebyte.com
Antiransomware
Global Test Supply
Top Posters (30 Days)
dexman 44
pvj 18
Ruben 15
bditech 11
Phone.com 300x250
300x250 Your Business Phone Service in the Cloud
www.aweber.com
landing page builder
NordVPN
Advertising Sponsor Spot 2
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Who's Online Now
28 members (RM SYSTEMS, JBean3329, metelcom, BobRobert, erniejoey, Curlycord, MooreTel, Silversam, Skunky, Meyery2k, mdrmdr, Mercenary Roadie, mongo5150, nortelvoip, RATHER BE FISHING, Yoda, newtecky, Touch Tone Tommy, dexman, justbill, BrianS, sundance, dougster, johno, Professor Shadow, nfcphoneman, Ruben, FoneJacker), 285 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
vpnproxymaster
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2021
Trusted Partners