Phone Systems

Sponsored by Atcom
Get a free phone!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I've yanked a bunch of that film off of 48 key phones without incident, but in my last install maybe the film was a bit too sticky or I was too hasty, as the LCD was permanently damaged. A couple of the phones looked like an old calculator display that was left out in the sun for some time.

My understanding of ESI's reasoning for film covering the LCD's is to keep it clean, I assume they assumed some of their phones may sit for a week or two on an almost finished jobsite before the customer grabs hold of them. The film is a good idea in some cases, like when that finishing drywall guy goes around the office building with his little square sanding block, or the cabinet maker or door guy takes an orbital sander to an edge of a door. Why then will that film withstand tornado speed winds if only threatened by fine dust on a micrometer level?

Maybe gently going around the LCD with a new razor blade to remove the excess would be a better alternative than wrenching on the film and likely dislocating the LCD in the process.

Atcom VoIP Demo
Get a VoIP Demo Today
Most manufacturers put a protective film on their display windows so that they won't become scratched during shipping and installation. Not familiar with ESI but any that I have worked with come right off. Matter of fact you can always tell the trunk slammer installation or end user internet sale because the film never gets removed.

I assume they assumed some of their phones may sit for a week or two on an almost finished jobsite before the customer grabs hold of them. The film is a good idea in some cases, like when that finishing drywall guy goes around the office building with his little square sanding block, or the cabinet maker or door guy takes an orbital sander to an edge of a door.

If your phones are subject to that you are installing them way too soon!

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Agreed, ideally we like to install our systems on move in day, since every employee for the most part is there physically so we can train them. Consequently, the customer knows best so we try to accommodate them.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,620
Posts635,851
Members49,588
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
Droop, Linda Utley, lorenlee91, Lorenzo, olyaby
Newest Members
TommyKay, 電信小吳, Partswatch, kevinocious, Chipperh
49,587 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 10
Toner 7
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Best VoIP Phones | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022